PlanToys Large-Scale Kitchen Set

PlanToys Large-Scale Kitchen SetArrived quickly. Item is easy to assemble. Quality is okay but for price it should be better. Not happy that door latch was broken so I had to glue it back on. It's a little wooden peg attached to the inside top left corner of the door. The door had a crack at the bottom hinge but I guess I can live with it knowing how much of a hassle it is to return it and pay postage and wait over a week just for a little crack. I filled the crack with glue so it seals the paint along with the crack and hope with all the handling it will get from my 2 1/2 year old daughter that the crack will not open up and get larger or break off. Looks like the door hinge connection to the main cabinet is glued in so it would be difficult to remove the door. Would be nice if it could be remove/replaced so I could just get a replacement door instead of sending the whole Kitchen Set if I mind the crack at the hinge. The top shelf is a little loose and looks like it was made to move but I don't see why. One of the knobs was pretty loose but it feels it will stay on and I like that it makes clicking noises like a gas stove starting as you turn it. I also purchased Plan Toys assorted fruits and vegetables sets and cooking utensils so my daughter had something to cook with it. The meat and fish set has not arrived yet. Another little imperfection is the cooking utensils fork and spoon that came with the cooking utensils set fits the Kitchen Set utensil holder just below the top shelf but it's not easy to remove and replace. You have to turn it a little otherwise there is a chance the Kitchen Set can be pulled down when trying to remove the utensils from the holder. It's designed that you have to lift up or twist the utensil to remoce it from the holder. I guess if a child is older than 3 years they would know how to do this but my daughter is just under 3 years old with a little demonstration she learns quick. It is rated for 3+ year but my daughter is doing fine playing top chef. I like it enough that I will get the washer set that Plan Toys makes. I also like that you don't smell any paint toxins or glues but just some wood smell.

I was worried about ordering this online because of another review regarding the packaging. It is true, the packaging is minimal and the company keeps true to their eco-friendly commitment even in their packaging. The kitchen set is only cushioned by pieces of cardboard, but it's adequate in protecting the item. And how wonderful to not have to open up a ton of needless plastic bags or bubble wrap that will end up in the landfill. The item arrived in perfect condition. It is entirely made of wood and stained with water based dye, so no paint chipping. There are no VOC's or offgassing, no plastic, no vinyl. It is compact, yet large enough for my toddler to play with for years to come. She loves her new kitchen and mommy loves the quality of this toy! Plan Toys is a wonderful company!!!!

Buy PlanToys Large-Scale Kitchen Set Now

We think this 'stove' is attractive, liked because of its bright color. We bought it with the fridge to make our 2-year old a kitchen and although big fans of the looks (it truly is a beautiful toy, especially as a set), it's hardly functional. The two burners are kind of a joke, the oven has nothing but a hole in the door---my kid (and the 3/4 year olds that come to play too) think it is a pantry. We have finally given up and put a mixer and a coffee maker over the burners and we use it as more storage along with the fridge---we bought a very cheap wooden stove elsewhere we use instead. Maybe for younger children, again, under 4 or so...it's best to go with a more conventional looking stove (my kid likes having four burners for all his pots).

Read Best Reviews of PlanToys Large-Scale Kitchen Set Here

This is a very small scale, wobbly, and poor construction product. I bought all of them for a complete kitchen and it is horrible. For the opening windows there is no plastic so there is actually no need to have a door at all. The sink bin is a cheap low quality metal bowl that you could not even use as a mixer. It was dented withing the first 30 minutes in regular play.

The microwave door is held together with string, crazy! The dishwasher component is combined with the sink and it fold downward, so the kids get to stand on it! Dumb designer!

I would never ever ever buy this product if I were you, and it is still expensive!

They are all small scale and easily dipped over.

Want PlanToys Large-Scale Kitchen Set Discount?

0 comments:

Post a Comment