Petite Creations 8 Count Baby Cubes, 1 Ounce

Petite Creations 8 Count Baby Cubes, 1 OunceWe were still in the hospital and had been parents about half a day when we told someone we planned to puree our own food so that we didn't have to pay for all of those Gerber jars. Someone told us about putting baby food in ice cube trays, the advantage being that you could freeze as many squares worth of food as you need and it would stay fresh, then as the baby gets older, when you go to feed him or her you grab x squares of food.

Of course, as soon as we'd received that piece of advice, someone was telling us otherwise -that you need to somehow cover the ice cube trays so that bacteria doesn't get in there, to prevent freeze burn, and besides that, it's hard to break out just a couple of cubes from an ice cube tray. You can twist and pop an ice cube tray but you never know how many are going to come loose at once. Plus it's not like an automatic ice maker and you can just dispense a few squash cubes; you need something to carry them in.

This product solves almost all of the concerns of the original ice cube tray suggestion. We still puree sweet potato or green beans and put it in the little containers. It's fresher than the Gerber stuff and less expensive, with no preservatives. Since each cube comes out of the tray and has a lidded plastic container, it's convenient to grab a handful of them for a day trip and then pull them out and use them as needed. As they defrost in the car, I can even feed our daughter right out of the plastic container.

Now of course, none of this guarantees your kid is actually going to EAT what you've prepared for them, but that's not the fault of the containers; that's just how babies are sometimes.

I started out using these, but had problems with the lids popping open in the freezer. They also don't stand well in their trays. As my baby got bigger, I needed bigger cubes, so I tried the 2 oz cubes expecting the same problems. I love the 2 oz cubes better. The lids are deeper so that they snap and stay on better...and trays are deeper so that they stand in the fridge/freezer better. If you're going to buy cubes for freezing baby food, go with the 2 oz. You'll use them eventually and they have 1 oz measurements on the side if you absolutely need it. I gave these 3 stars because I do love the fact that they're BPA free and allow me to freeze and heat them without any worries.

Buy Petite Creations 8 Count Baby Cubes, 1 Ounce Now

These have just been great! I had heard about freezing food in ice cube trays and then putting them into a freezer bag for keeping longer but I liked the convenience of feeding from the same container. I bought three sets to start and filled them up in a week. I just wish I had a few more. I plan to get the 2 ounce size also. Just don't go over the "max" fill line or they pop open because of the expanding food.

Read Best Reviews of Petite Creations 8 Count Baby Cubes, 1 Ounce Here

I usually take one day a week to cook and puree enough fruits and veggies to last the week, purchasing what fresh produce is in season, or fresh-frozen alternatives. Just one hour in the kitchen once a week is all the time I spend on making baby food, and I love that. I didn't love these food storage cubes, however.

Like other reviewers, I found that the lids rarely stayed in place, whether in the freezer or the fridge, and if you filled a cube even barely above the line, the lid will pop open in the freezer due to expansion. Don't toss one in your diaper bag for even short outings, either, or you'll have a mess on your hands.

I found that 1-ounce cubes were much too small for my baby's needs. Filling up 2 trays of these cubes didn't last us a week. My daughter is a healthy eater and it wasn't long before 1 ounce of food didn't satisfy her, and it became a pain to thaw and heat several cubes at once. One ounce is about the size of an ice cube and if you want portions that small, it would be easier to fill a standard ice cube tray, freeze, then pop the cubes out and store in a freezer bag.

Also, washing these little cubes by hand was a hassle for me, especially when there are so many other baby items in my life that need hand-washing. To put them in the dishwasher, you have to place them in a basket and they often would nest within each other during the wash cycle and not become clean, or the heat would warp them. The plastic stained easily, too, especially with orange foods.

I eventually purchased several packs of Gladware 4-ounce round containers. These are a nice size, a bit larger than baby food jars, so a few containers in the fridge would last us through several meals for a day or 2, and the rest went in the freezer. Before bed each night, I would pull a few more containers from the freezer to thaw in the fridge for the next day. Fast, easy, convenient. They also wash up nicely in the dishwasher and I've never had one pop open in the diaper bag.

Occasionally one of the blue Gladware lids with crack from having been frozen, heated, and washed repeatedly, but they're so inexpensive that tossing one in the recycling bin now and then wasn't a lot of money down the drain.

Baby #2 is on the way and I look forward to refining my homemade baby food routine ... but I wont be using these cubes! Time to buy some more Gladware containers.

Want Petite Creations 8 Count Baby Cubes, 1 Ounce Discount?

Hi, I bought these, thought they looked practical and sounded good. well I have used them for the first time, filled them below the line and placed them on the tray in the freezer next morning all the lids had popped open.

Acidentally dropped one as I took it out of the freezer today and the lid smashed off.

Not happy with this product at all.

I wish I had thought of the ice-cube tray and then slipping into zip-lock freezer bags I wouldn't have wasted my money on these.

And to top it all off I bought two trays!!

Save 29% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment