OXO Tot Baby Food Mill, White/Green

OXO Tot Baby Food Mill, White/GreenI love this food mill. It is super easy to used and clean up is a cinch. I finally decided to purchase this after I had read a review comparing it to another quality brand. I am so glad I made the decision I did. A quick note on how to use a food mill. When turning the knob, you want to go back and forth to keep moving the food around the bowl and going through the holes. Also... All of the food will never go through if you use the super fine setting. Carrots will leave behind their fiberous material that could choke a baby, Peas will leave behind their tuff skins. If you notice nothing else is going through the mill, take your hand and touch the remaining food... it should feel dry and fiberous, this means you are done. I think a lot of people buy food mills assuming ALL the food will go through the mill, and this just isn't true when using the super fine setting.

I had been making baby food in my 9 cup Cuisinart food processor but read several places that you need a food mill for things like green beans and peas. I used this with green beans. What a disaster! All it did was crush the beans and push green water into the bowl. I had to manualyl scrape out everything! I put it in my food processor and it did just fine, granted it took awhile to really break skins down, but it did do it and my 5 1/2 month old had no issue with them. This product was not for me-returned it.

Buy OXO Tot Baby Food Mill, White/Green Now

This is my best purchase for my son yet! This makes my job so much easier when preparing his food! The feet on the mill make it so that the bowl/pot that I put beneath to catch the food does not bang back and forth when I'm grinding; also, the rotating portion goes both ways so that it can re-circulate (not sure of the correct word!) the food for more processing. Absolutely love this, it is a must have if you are making your baby's food!

Read Best Reviews of OXO Tot Baby Food Mill, White/Green Here

The food mill holds a lot of food which is great, but even the finest strainer was too lumpy for a new solid foods eater. On top of that, it was difficult to clean and often, larger pieces would go through the sides. I much prefer my food processor and will run certain things like peas through a sieve afterwards.

Want OXO Tot Baby Food Mill, White/Green Discount?

Great product! Excellent for making infant food from cooked veggies and fruit. This item with the three screens is sold under the Baby category (perhaps the green trim and some target marketing got it there) But his is absolutly esential for processing tomatoes and other things from the garden you might make yourself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment