Nosefrida The Snotsucker Nasal Aspirator

Nosefrida The Snotsucker Nasal AspiratorThis picture confused me because I thought that the large blue box was part of the Nosefrida. It is the just the case. There is a red mouthpiece, clear tube, blue filter and clear...I'm going to call it the "applicator" that you put up to the baby's nose.

I examined the nosefrida for a long time before trying it out on my four month old. I wanted to make sure that there wasn't anyway for snot to end up in my mouth. 14 hours of labored breathing, the baby's-not mine, I decided to give the Nosefrida a go.

Darn if that little disgusting contraption doesn't work! And I know it works because I could actually see the snot collecting in the tube. Yes, I gagged a little, but baby could breathe! And after all, isn' that what they teach you day 1 in parenthood?

Day 1. Make sure baby can breathe.

I still think you'd have to be pretty close to someone to give this as a baby shower gift. No one wants to think of snot on their happy day.

my wife has tiny nostrils. i can't fit any of my fingers in her nose...it's amazing she can breathe through her nose at all. consequently, our son is also lacking in the nostril-diameter department. he gets boogies...he can't breathe very well...he gets upset. it's been like that since he was born, whenever that was...recently. i forget, but i digress. we came home from the hospital with a pretty decent nose-sucking bulb...it did a reasonably OK job of sucking out boogers...and was reasonably firm and springy. but then our dog ate it. so, i tried to find a replacement. not all bulbs are created equal, i soon found out. some were too hard to squeeze and didn't spring back quickly enough. others were too soft to suck anything out and just sat there, mocking me. i tried at least four different replacement bulbs, none of which were as good as the one from the hospital. we even tried a fancy battery powered nose vacuum that made a whirring sound but produced nary a single lump of green gold. while ordering the various, useless bulbs i also ordered this thing the nosefrida on a whim thinking i was probably wasting $13.

BOY WAS I WRONG.

this thing works. it sucks boogers out of noses. it even stores them in a little tube to eat later. or, you can just wash them out in the sink. anyway...it works better than any of the other things we tried...and we tried pretty much everything. there's a technique to it:

suck in quick short bursts with your mouth muscles first...to loosen things up

then, suck in long hoover-style bursts to get those boogies out

if the boogies get stuck near the surface, try pulling the end of the thing out a little mid-suck a few times

use a tissue or q-tip to get any nose goblins that are loitering anywhere accessible

repeat

if i was a professional booger sucker...and it was my job to suck the snot out of noses 8 hours a day, i would insist on using this thing. but i would want a longer tube, and a holster.

Buy Nosefrida The Snotsucker Nasal Aspirator Now

This nasal aspirator is absolutely amazing. It WORKS. And it is completely non-invasive. My 4 week old newborn caught a cold, and this thing saved me. It cleared her out SO WELL! I had been using a bulb syringe, and she would scream and scream. Plus, the bulb syringe was irritating her nose and causing it to bleed. Once I got the Nosefrida, I was able to suction her nose much more effectively without shoving anything in her nostrils. She barely even cries when I use it. Mostly, she hates the saline drops I use ahead of time. I have to wonder if I didn't start using the Nosefrida if she would have developed a worse infection. All that drainage could have headed to her lungs. I read some reviews on the Nosefrida that said it takes too much lung power. It definitely does take some lung power, but if you have healthy lungs it should be no problem (I had no difficulties). Also, some people said it's hard to hold the infant's head still. I don't think it's any harder to hold the baby's head still than with a bulb syringe (with both aspirators you have just one hand free). Actually, I think it's easier because I know my baby fights the bulb syringe much more than the Nosefrida. One great benefit of the Nosefrida is that you can wash it in the dishwasher. It is a very clean system. I HIGHLY recommend this product!!! Every mom who has a baby should own one. It truly comes down to a safety issue: allowing your baby to breathe.

Read Best Reviews of Nosefrida The Snotsucker Nasal Aspirator Here

After a morning spent listening to my 7 month old cough, I decided to break out the Nose Frida which had been sitting on the changing table like a box of chocolatessomething I was ashamed to admit that I secretly wanted to rip into. Let me start by saying that this is definitely a two person job. My husband had to hold him down while I placed the tube right up to his nose and then the sucking started. Take a deep breath and just suck like your life depended on it because that's really the only way you're going to battle that snot. This is not the place for dainty sips. All of a sudden a huge yellow snot monster crept its way into the tube, which meant it exited my baby's sinuses so I was hooked. After a few more minutes of us having to wrestle with him to hold him still I had gotten a ton of garbage out of his nose. Bottom line, there was nothing that even came close to getting even near the tube connected to my mouth so if you're having nightmares about snot going into your mouth, I can guarantee you that won't happen! I adore my baby, but there's a limit to what I'd do for him...

Pros

-Tube doesn't enter baby's nose so no irritation like with an aspirator or danger of him jerking and hurting his nose

-Works really well coupled with saline drops, so it's a nice, safe, natural way to clear sinuses

-It works fast, but you really have to suck to get it to work the best.

Cons

-None, you'd see a bunch of snot coming out if you used an aspirator so unless you're afraid of the power of physics, this will work wonders for you and baby!

Want Nosefrida The Snotsucker Nasal Aspirator Discount?

We bought this to use on our 9 month old daughter who was cutting teeth and had a really runny nose. The saline solution wasn't doing much but making a mess and making her grumpier. The pump nasal aspirator wasn't doing much good either.

So, out of desperation and a couple sleepness nights, we bought this magical little gadget. And, WOW!, are we glad that we did!

The cone-end goes just inside the tip of the nostril, and the other end goes between your lips like you're blowing up a balloon (but you inhale instead of exhale). You inhale as strongly as you can, and NO mucus enters your mouth. Like many other users, we were a bit apprehensive at first. But we found that the filter stops any and all particles from entering your mouth.

Also, the description doesn't tell you, but the Nosefrida comes with 6 or so extra filters. We bought extras, but they will probably last longer than the Nosefrida.

In a nutshell, if you have a baby with a runny nose, buy this aspirator. You'll be thankful you did!

Save 8% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment