Reusable Food Pouch (Pack of 4)

Reusable Food PouchOk, so I was deciding between these and the Little Green Pouches and totally bought these because they have adorable animals on them and I a big sucker for that. They aren't a bad product but I am sad to report that the Little Green Pouches are much better designed although totally boring looking. Here is why:

1. The Squooshi pouches have curves and the food gets stuck in them. So, you are going to have to try to clean puree out of the animal shoulder area. Bad times!

2. Not dishwasher safe. WHAT? If you have a baby and you also have a dishwasher, seriously don't buy stuff that does not go in the dishwasher. You do not have time for that BS anymore.

3. They fill at the bottom. This means that they don't have a nice resting base like the store bought ones and the Green Pouches. The base allowed my baby to feed himself the store bought ones but these I have to hold for him. Also, if you don't seal them well enough you end up squeezing puree all over the place.

4. Although they are supposed to be BPA free, they are made in China and the Green Pouches are (I think) made in America.

It's kind of like the Green Pouches people bought these, fixed all the problems and then created the Green Pouch. But didn't make them cute. I wonder how old this baby will get before I get over always picking the cute thing!

Just got these and so far they are pretty good. The seal is good, and my daughter loves the animals.

I like these because they are BPA free and because they save money. I did some quick calculations, and having bought 8 of the 4.5 oz size, I'll have to use them 44 times before they pay for themselves. After that, I'm saving around 80 to 90 cents each time, depending in what I put in them, and where you by the pre-made ones (like the Peter Rabbit ones, for instance). I also like them because my daughter will eat just about anything out of a pouch, and this opens up the possibilities as to what I can feed her that way.

The only two drawbacks are that these are a little difficult and messy to fill (they don't stay open unless you hold them open), and also the food obviously is not vacuum sealed and will have to be refrigerated. I couldn't, say, throw them into my diaper bag for a long trip to the zoo or whatever, and be confident that they're still okay to eat, whereas the pre-made ones would be fine. Still a great buy, though. Highly recommend.

Buy Reusable Food Pouch (Pack of 4) Now

The zipper seal on these is very difficult to clean. The "zip loc" seal is not fully adhered to the inside of the pouch which causes food to get behind it. Using a simple bottle brush as they recommend does not get these clean. I had to get 1 of my small Dr Brown's bottle cleaning brushes and meticulously brush inside this seal. Also, the sides of the "zip loc" seal hold food. I called the company and left a message to inquire if this was simply a defective set and I received no return call. It seems very dirty to continue to serve food from these. The idea is great, but the quality is not as great.

Read Best Reviews of Reusable Food Pouch (Pack of 4) Here

First off, I haven't tried the little green bags, but I will say filling from the bottom and washing in the curves is a little bit hard, so if you're between the two, I'd sway the other way. But these are so cute, so I picked these! haha

I love the concept. My almost 17 month old refused to eat veggies except blended. This keeps me from having to go back to spoon feeding. The storebought pouches are so expensive! And just like with jarred food, it isn't the same as home made. So, I pulled the baby bullet out of the cabinet and filled these little guys and my tot ate veggies willingly! That's a win in my book.

I will update if they tear or anything because they feel kind of flimsy, but we will see! Some things aren't as delicate as they look, so they may hold up! No leaks yet! Though I don't feel like I could turn them inside out without risking a tear, if that's how you planned to wash them.

I LOVE that they are freezer safe! I may get the little green bags later, to compare, so I can make big batches ahead of time and freeze, instead of blending every other day. We will see. But these guys are just as cute in person, and I have no regrets, really.

Update: The smaller size, the bird and lion, they are really difficult to fill! IF I were you, I'd go on Amazon and search for the 4pk that is four of the larger size, two each of a panda and walrus. The cost is about the same! The little ones are almost pointless. Squooshi 4 Count Reusable Food Pouch, Large Panda/Walrus, 4.5 Ounce

Want Reusable Food Pouch (Pack of 4) Discount?

I love reusable pouches for the food I make my daughter. I stumbled upon these and they were just adorable! my daughter loves them and actually gets exited to eat! they are easy to use and clean and have held up well thus far. they shipped in great packaging very small and practical in a cute little pouch that I use to store them in! I also loved the 2 recipes it included and so did my daughter! would recommend this to everyone looking for reusable food pouches!

0 comments:

Post a Comment