NUK Infant Tooth and Gum Cleanser, 1.4 Ounce

NUK Infant Tooth and Gum Cleanser, 1.4 OunceFirst of all, when I read the ingredients on the package I went "yuck". But the more I looked at them, I realized that it wasn't actually bad at all it was actually excellent! The main tooth decay ingredient is Xylitol. Check out the wiki page on this to get a better feel for how good this sugar alcohol is. It has all kinds of studies indicating that it can help tooth decay significantly and has no known toxicity issues. The sugar alcohol is derived from trees and seems very safe.

This is important. My kids are not old enough to realize that they can't swallow the toothpaste and I still need to keep their teeth clean ...

As a side note, they use Xylitol in chewing gum. In fact it is in many of the more expensive chewing gum brands that promote healthy teeth.

This is the only beginner toothpaste we use in our house. Check out the wiki page on Xylitol and I can say pretty confidently that you will use this as your only toothpaste with kids that may swallow their toothpaste.

Other than the Xylitol, the rest of the ingredients are pretty innocuous and are claimed to be all natural. So there you are.

Thanks!!

Thank goodness I read the label for this product. I wish it stated this on the package. My baby has a severe milk allergy and this product contains milk ingredients.

Buy NUK Infant Tooth and Gum Cleanser, 1.4 Ounce Now

Please be aware that this "infant" toothpaste has one enzyme derived from eggs and two enzymes from milk. I noticed my daughter was scratching her skin for the past week and it coincided with the use of this toothpaste. She is allergic to eggs. I called NUK about this and the representative agreed that their website has no warnings about this.

The rep at NUK did say that the "toddler" toothpaste does not have these enzymes in the toothpaste but there is an oil derived from a tree nut. I can't confirm this but hopefully NUK and Amazon do a better job of posting the ingredients with the products.

I gave this one star because of the lack of warning, not necessarily for the quality or performance of the toothpaste to actually clean teeth and gums.

I hope this helps at least one parent out there.

Read Best Reviews of NUK Infant Tooth and Gum Cleanser, 1.4 Ounce Here

My daughter is 7 months old now and she gets so excited seeing me pull out the finger brush. She LOVES to chew on it more then any other teether we own. She likes the flavor of the tooth paste a lot. I actually have to stop and take my finger away or she would never let me go! It sticks really well to my finger, I'm never worried that it will come off in her mouth, I have to literally peel it off my finger. I just rinse it under the tap and it stays clean. I've put it in the dishwasher before and it came out fine. I think it's a great introduction to brushing and hopefully she will like our upgrade to the banana brush next!

Want NUK Infant Tooth and Gum Cleanser, 1.4 Ounce Discount?

My son has a severe dairy allergy and there is dairy in this toothpaste! Even if your child doesn't have a dairy allergy children should not have cows milk until they are a year old.

Save 29% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment