Playfully Delicious - Chef's Choice - Play Set

Playfully Delicious - Chef's Choice - Play SetFirst, I want to say that I looked for a few months at different wooden vegetable sets...I saw several and almost bought a couple, but something kept telling me to wait. Then I saw this one, not sure if I had just missed it before or what, but I am SO HAPPY I waited! I bought this for my 18 month old daughter, who is now 21 months, and she LOVES it!!! The vegetables are not too hard for her to cut but challenging enough, and the pieces are not too small but small enough for her tiny hands. Just in the past few months, she has become a pro at cutting the vegetables and holding the knife correctly, which was something she learned after playing with these items. I know as she gets older, she'll continue to build on her imagination and prepare herself to help mommy with real veggies. The other thing I liked about these is something they were really not meant for. In the past few months, she's cut her last two front teeth, so she CONSTANTLY had these items in her mouth...you just can't prevent it sometimes! With the exception of the mushrooms (which I put up and have recently given back to her), I didn't have to worry about the veggies being too small and her choking on them...even when cut in half. And they are so durable!! They still look like they just came out of the box...even having been chewed on for several weeks!! I am very happy with this product and intend on buying more Hape products in the future. Oh, and the cutting board is just a great addition as she sees mommy use a cutting board daily...it's the icing on the cake.

I bought this to go with the Hape Gourmet kitchen and Coolest Cooler. The proportion is just right for this kitchen. Yes it is not to scale of real food but neither is the kitchen. So, it works great. It is really smooth and the Velcro works great. My grandaughter loves it and will have fun with it for years!

Buy Playfully Delicious - Chef's Choice - Play Set Now

I tried so many pretend wood vegetables for my son. M and D smelled so toxic, they should have been in a autoshop rather than in a playroom. I tried plan toys but they were just weird, and too small. I then went with Hape because my son loves eggs and the set had a fried egg. And voila. It's non-toxic, large enough to be played with, and the vegetables are painted great.

Read Best Reviews of Playfully Delicious - Chef's Choice - Play Set Here

I did lots of searching for a good starter set for my son. He is 19 months, and is a total boy (throws things, isn't super gentle, and isn't into tedious things). I had no idea if he would actually play with fake food but I needed something new for him to do in the house when we couldn't go outside to play.

I first got a fabric set of food from IKEA (the breakfast set). He barely noticed it. I really do like the fabric sets, but for some reason he just isn't drawn to them. Then, I personally fell in love with the wooden cutting food items. I did tons of amazon searching, and decided that this set had a good mix of items. I took a gamble and ordered it and am very glad that I did!

I don't know if he would have been interested in plain play food at this age....the cutting aspect is awesome! It took him a day or so to understand what was happening. I actually brought him into the kitchen and showed him how mama cuts food, and that he can do it too! And now, he loves to cut the pieces!

It is great quality I don't think the paint will be chipping like M&D products. The size is perfect (and will continue to be for any kiddo age I believe. Its really beautiful, and looks great with our IKEA Duktig kitchen. It seems like these pieces will be around for a long time.

The only downsides are the pizza and cheese. They are kind of pointless. They don't slice, and the pizza doesn't really look like pizza. The cheese is sorta random (but my kid doesn't like cheese...yeah I know...weird...so maybe another kid who likes cheese will appreciate it). And actually, he likes the mushrooms (he likes saying "mushroom").

So all in all, I am glad I got this set because I will definitely only buy wooden cutting food, unless we want something that needs to "stack" like Pizza or a sandwich....because wood just slides too much to be fun I think (I like the Haba Biofina line).

Also, he typically is a thrower but I have made it very clear for a while now that we only throw balls in the house, no other toys. So, I just continue that teaching, yet I have been hit with a mushroom...but like any other toy that gets thrown, it goes into timeout. So, yeah, it could be dangerous but it may be a good opportunity to teach them to not throw certain things? At least it is for us :)

Want Playfully Delicious - Chef's Choice - Play Set Discount?

My husband and I love to purchase all of Hape's wonderful wooden products made for play kitchens! Our daughter loves to play with them too and doesn't even realize she is learning while having fun!

Save 17% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment