Innobaby Keepin' Fresh Stainless Steel Travel Cup, 8-Ounce

Innobaby Keepin' Fresh Stainless Steel Travel Cup, 8 Ounce, Orange FishAt first I liked this cup but I've only used it for a month and it failed in two ways. 1. There are 4 tabs keeping the lid on the bottom and one tore off. 2. The straw turned a gross yellow/brown.

I didn't abuse it and used it for water. For the price, you'd expect something much better.

Will update if Innobaby does anything for me when I contact them tomorrow.

*Update*Innobaby sent me replacement parts and I had them in my hand at the end of the week which is great but I wish it hadn't broken in the first place.

Loved it for a couple of weeks. Then it broke (fall from highchair down to wood floor) and there are now sharp plastic edges at the break so I won't be giving it back to my little guy anytime soon.

Pros

----

Stainless steel insert. Less worries about chemicals leaching.

Tab design allows for one handed filling. Sometimes you have to hold your baby and fill a cup at the same time. It takes two hands to put together a screw top cup.

Tab design allows for secure closing. We have a Zoli straw cup as well. Wanted to like it, but it's easy to mis-thread it when your closing it. It'll feel tight and closed, but leak everywhere when it's upside down. With this cup, you know the lid is on right.

Cons

----

Tab can snap off when the cup is dropped. I looks like it's still watertight, but it's sharp where the plastic broke off so it's not safe for a little kid anymore.

Leaks out the vent hole when open for drinking. Automatically makes this cup short of ideal for kids learning to drink form something other than the bottle.

Straw stains quickly. This doesn't really bother me since I feel like I get it pretty clean with a straw cleaner, but it's something to keep in mind.

Without the tab breakage issue, I'd give this 4 stars for kids learning to drink from a cup, and 5 stars for slightly older kids with better coordination.

=========

Update

=========

Contacted their customer service and was sent a replacement right away. Raising my rating from 2 to 4 stars because of the great customer service and the fact that it was only a few days between when the top broke and when I had a new one. I hope they reinforce the tabs in future versions, but in the meantime, I'm ok with waiting a few days to get a new top if it does break again.

=========

Update 2

=========

The replacement lid broke a week later the first time my son dropped it at a restaurant. This time the tab holding the straw cap broke leaving a sharp point directed right at his face when he drinks from it. Reducing rating from 4 to 3 stars. As a baby/young toddler cup, it's just too fragile 2 stars, at best. As a child/adult travel cup, it's great 4 stars.

Buy Innobaby Keepin' Fresh Stainless Steel Travel Cup, 8-Ounce Now

The first time I gave it to my 14 month old son he dropped it on the floor and the latches broke right off the cup. The cup cannot be used for travel anymore. Sorry, when I spend $25 on a cup, I expect it to work for more than 1 time, all functions. No pieces should be breaking after 1 use, especially if it is being marketed for toddlers. Innobaby which usually has good infant/toddler products missed the mark on this one.

Read Best Reviews of Innobaby Keepin' Fresh Stainless Steel Travel Cup, 8-Ounce Here

I found this in my search for a non-plastic sippy cup for my toddler. It is stainless steel on the inside with a plastic layer for insulation on the outside. When the cup is sitting upright (ie when it's in the fridge), nothing ever touches plastic. The straw is entirely silicone. The lid is bpa-free plastic. Clamps together securely. If the top is closed til it snaps, it will not leak. But it will leak when it's open, so probably better for a kid who's past the dumping everything out for fun stage.

Want Innobaby Keepin' Fresh Stainless Steel Travel Cup, 8-Ounce Discount?

This is exactly what I've been looking for! I wanted a stainless steel or glass sippy cup with a straw that didn't have a valve that made it too difficult for my LO to drink from. This is perfect. So far no leaks, I like that the straw doesn't have a valve making it impossible for my 14 month old to use, and it's stainless steel so no worries about nasty leaching plastic. I have been looking everywhere for something like this. Perfect!

Save $0.05 Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment