Gerber Cereal, 8-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6)

Gerber Cereal, Rice & Mixed Fruit with NutriProtect, 8-Ounce BoxesI'll admit, I'm somewhat embarrassed to write a review for baby food, since I'm a grown woman with no children... :-)

However, I AM a teacher, and thus tend to get more than my fair share of stomach illnesses during the school year. The past few months, I also needed to take a presciption medication that made me nauseous regularly.

This remains as THE ONLY FOOD that I can hold down when I am ill and recovering from a stomach bug. It is gentle, mild flavored, completely smooth, can be mixed to any consistency (from 'smoothie'-like to paste-like)...and it just stays down. Doctors always say to start back on food with that "BRAT" diet -banana, rice, applesauce, toast -well, this seems to have 3/4 of those in 1 box!

As a bonus, it has excellent nutritional value -gives you some vitamins and such, versus when you only eat plain rice or toast. It gets me back on my feet much sooner...and it takes almost no effort to make it (important to me, since when I'm sick, I don't want to be 'vertical' any longer than I have to!) I usually just mix it with water, which works wonderfully (I stay away from dairy if I'm ill). You can eat it cold or warm. I find it to be kind of soothing when I'm under the weather.

It doesn't spoil, and I always keep some on hand just because you never know when you'll get sick (or at least I don't, what with students sneezing in my face!!) ;-)

Finally, I must admit that I think it's YUMMY! I do wish they still made just the banana rice kind -I wonder why they discontinued that, which I remember having as far back as the 1970s? But this is pretty close.

I'll admit to having a little bowl of it now or then just as comfort food! :-)

I have just started to give my baby solid food and used this cereal as suggested by almost every ped. I love this cereal because it provides nutrition for my baby and my baby loves this one because of the flavor and texture. The only thing I don't like is that the producer does not include spoon inside the box to measure, but you can measure by tbs or teaspoon yourself.

Buy Gerber Cereal, 8-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6) Now

Overall, this oatmeal smells nice, nutritious and dissolves well with other fruit purees (I add fruits to this oatmeal). Easy to prepare:

Pros:

+ smells great when it's fresh, but I remember accidentally buying one that was a month before expiry date. When I opened it up it smelled bland. Buy as fresh as possible!

+ Easy & QUICK to prepare and mix with other fruits

+ better than your basic oatmeal, but i still prefer Happy Bellies oatmeals since they contain DHA

Cons:

Like the other reviewer who gave a 1-star, some did come with a small hole in the box. Each box is wrapped in plastic, once opened some of the oatmeal falls out from the bottom. It's only a minor annoyance for me.

The spout is hard to open so I ended up pouring all of it in an airtight container instead. Again, minor minor things that wouldn't stop me from serving it to my baby

my 8 month old didn't have any problems with this cereal, but my friend's baby had constipation from the iron in the oatmeal. Her baby also had gas. I would suggest feed a little bit to your baby to try it out and see instead of giving him/her a whole bowl at once.

Read Best Reviews of Gerber Cereal, 8-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6) Here

I mixed it with milk or soy milk. The banana flavor tastes so good. The package box is a little cheap, open window should be stronger and easy to open and close.

Want Gerber Cereal, 8-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6) Discount?

My 10 month old loves this cereal. He has been eating it for a few months now and like how it tastes. It's a bit sweet for my own taste but I mix it with the oatmeal cereal to offset that a bit. Plus, this one is a more expensive so I save a few $$ as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment