Earth's Best Organic 2nd Fruit Variety Pack, 4-Ounce Jars (Pack of 12)

Earth's Best Organic 2nd Fruit Variety Pack, 4-Ounce Jars****Latest Update****

We are now past the baby food stage so I may have missed this if it was formally announced, but I recently heard that they switched packaging in late 2011 to be completely BPA free. I confirmed this with customer service. Leaving the remaining review as it was...

*********************

My wife had made her own baby food for our daughter for the first eight months. Then, when our daughter was going to begin daycare, there was a certain convenience factor of being about to send in jars of baby food for her and so we bought Earth's Best. It was organic, and figured to be the closest bought brand to what she had been making herself. The variety packs are a nice, easy way to stock different kinds for our baby to enjoy... and enjoy she did for several of the flavors, though some she hated as well. All in all, we were pleased, and baby seemed pleased.

Needless to say, I was pretty surprised to read the review about BPA in the lids. I spent some time trying to verify this myself. A lot of different blogs stated it, and while I couldn't find anything definitive, here's what bothered me: Clearly Earth's Best knows people are concerned about BPA in their lids... their own facebook site is littered with people asking this same question. The admin answers these the same way... food safety and baby health is of the highest priority, call us to discuss. That's only slightly paraphrased. Going to their website, they have zero articles on BPA and none in the FAQs section either... nothing. I'm not worried enough about the issue to stop using what we purchased, but I would have felt a whole lot better about the company and their products if they would acknowledge parents' concerns and tell parents... something. Hey, we check our food in laboratory testing regularly and the the amount of BPA found in our food is X, which is so low, there are no health concerns... just say something... anything. Do you really want the onus on the customer to contact you to keep using your product?

As I was taking the time to review their product, I decided I would call them to give them a fair chance to explain. Something, I likely wouldn't have done if I wasn't writing a review. Their office was closed... 9AM 7PM est. Not the most convenient times for a working parent, but I will attempt to follow up and update this accordingly.

***UPDATED (old)****

Just spoke to someone from customer service. She says that the liner that comes into contact with the food is BPA free, but that there is another section of the lid behind this liner, that does contain BPA, but that section of the lid does not come in contact with the food. I'm sure not everyone will be okay with that answer, but I'm ok with it. I still think it should be an answer that's readily available to consumers without calling them, but I will say there was no hold time at least.

I ordered this because I really like this brand and I have never had any issue with them. My son usually like all the flavors. I ordered this and the pears were sour/spoiled. The other flavors my son refused to eat. I am sure there was something wrong with it. So I am not sure what happened but I will NOT be buying these online anymore.

Buy Earth's Best Organic 2nd Fruit Variety Pack, 4-Ounce Jars (Pack of 12) Now

I have been very pleased with this variety pack of baby food. The pack contains three each of pears, peaches oatmeal banana, apples and apricots, and peaches bananas and raspberries. My 6 1/2 month old daughter loves all of them, especially the peaches bananas and raspberries! I have been very satisfied with Earth's best with one exception. The metal lids have a lining that contains BPA (as do ALL lids on glass babyfood jars), so if you're set on staying away from BPA, you'll want to get your baby food from companies that make pouches, like HappyBaby and Plum Organics. I make a lot of my own babyfood, so I feel that feeding her SOME food from glass jars is acceptable, especially for varieties that I can't make. I do also buy a lot of HappyBaby, and I'm very satisfied with the quality there also. All in all though, a very nice variety of good tasting fruits!

Read Best Reviews of Earth's Best Organic 2nd Fruit Variety Pack, 4-Ounce Jars (Pack of 12) Here

I was disappointed to find out that the LIDS of Earth's Best jarred foods are coated with an epoxy lining that contains BPA :(

I thought I was avoiding the whole BPA issue because these are in glass rather than plastic containers. If it's in the lids, it's going to get in the food as the food moves around in the jar during packaging, shipping, storage, etc. I was planning on being a devoted Earth's Best jarred food user because it was organic and in glass, but then I found out about the BPA. As a note, if BPA doesn't bother you, most of Earth's Best food is tasty.

Want Earth's Best Organic 2nd Fruit Variety Pack, 4-Ounce Jars (Pack of 12) Discount?

My little guy ate this all up before I could even write a review! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment