Beaba First Stage Soft Spoons - Set of Four

Beaba First Stage Soft Spoons - Set of FourThese spoons are beautiful, they are colorful and soft. They are nicely shaped and fit well in the hand. The only problem is that they stain. I used them to feed pureed carrots to my baby, and the tip is stained orange on two of my spoons. At five bucks a piece, they shouldn't stain.

I purchased this spoons for my 5month old baby. He loves them!! and He loves to bite on them too :P it is true that they can stain (that's why i gave it 4 stars)... when i started feeding carrots to my LO they did stain! and i was a bit disappointed because they are so pricey but then i read an article that said that for CARROT STAINS what works wonders is to clean the spoons very well and then put them under the sun for a few hours! it sounded too easy to work but by that time i had tried everything to remove the orange stains (water and vinegar mixture left overnight, lemon oil, etc) and nothing had worked so i did it, i washed them and put them under direct sun light for a few hrs and waalaa!! the stain disappeared!!! Beta carotene is the pigment (phytochemical) that gives many vegetables and fruits their orange-yellow color. This pigment is not water soluble but photo dissipating. My spoons were brand new again!! anybody that has had that problem they should try it! heres the link of the posting: this spoons rock!! they do stain but thanks to the sun i can maintain them as good as new!! :P

*extra tip: don't use this spoons on staining foods when they are still hot, wait for it to cool off a little, use a different spoon to mix.

Buy Beaba First Stage Soft Spoons - Set of Four Now

I got lots of different types of spoons as gifts, but bought these Beaba spoons anyway. They are the best!

I started using these spoons when my son started solids at 5 months. So easy for him to eatI love the shape. We have very little mess, as it is easy to scrape his face clean. I love that the handle has some weight to it and is chunky enough for my little guy to grab. He pretends to feed himself, chewing on the spoon (it really is a good consistency for teething too!).

I rinse immediately to avoid staining, and haven't noticed any stains yet. Then again, we haven't gotten to carrots and blueberries yet. :-) Other orange foods such as squash and sweet potatoes have been fine when rinsed. (EDITED: We do have stains from orange foods now. I use the orange spoon for those foods, and it isn't as noticeable. It looks kinda like reflection off the orange in the spoon, although I'm sure it will get worse with more use.) I would prefer not to have to worry about it, but silicone is silicone, right?

All in all, I would buy again even though they are insanely expensive for just a spoon. I will be giving them as gifts as well, they are THAT good. Thanks, Beaba!

Read Best Reviews of Beaba First Stage Soft Spoons - Set of Four Here

Perfect for new solid starter. Soft silicone is gentle to baby's mouth and gum. I even scrap food around my daughter's mouth with spoon (of course gently) and it doesn't irritate her skin.

She loves to suck and kinda chew on it when she eats

I would recommend to all my friends.

Want Beaba First Stage Soft Spoons - Set of Four Discount?

I was hesitant to shell out so much for baby spoons, but they are worth it! The entire spoon is silicone, so when my baby starts to chew on them, I don't have to worry about him accidentally chewing on metal. Also, the spoons can hold a decent amount of food, unlike some other brands that I have (e.g. Gerber). Like other reviewers mentioned, they are handle heavy, so whenever I need to set one down, I turn the spoon downward and rest the head of the spoon on the edge of the bowl/plate. The colors are also very vibrant, which is an added plus. Wouldn't hesitate to order these again!

Update 12/6/12

After a couple of weeks of use, I've noticed that the silicone is starting to become discolored due to all the orange-colored foods my baby has been eating (carrots, squash, sweet potatoes, etc.). For that reason, I have downgraded to 4 stars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment