Skip Hop Bento Mealtime Kit, Black

Skip Hop Bento Mealtime Kit, BlackI've been looking for food containers for snacks for my diaper bags that don't waste space. These are perfect. The insulated container is slim and efficiently shaped and sized. It fits beautifully in my various ju-ju-be diaper bags. There is also enough space inside to slip a spoon and bib too.

This kit actually comes with 6 containers, not 3 as described by amazon. This makes it an even better value. Each container holds 8 ounces if filled to the very top. They are big..without being big. The containers hold moist food, even yogurt without leaking. But they are not leakproof. There is no gasket. I wouldn't try to put soup in them.

The insulated bag holds 3 containers at a time if laid down, but if you stand it up, and stack the containers, it holds 5 of the containers. It isn't really designed to do this, and its a little tough to get it zipped up, but it does work.

I send this meal kit with my two year old every day to daycare with her two snacks and lunch. What made this more useful over regular Tupperware type containers, was the ability to store each different food item (i.e. frozen pureed veggies, fresh fruit, ground beef) in a separate container, but have it be concise and connect to each other. This way, her teacher can warm up her frozen food without scorching the other items, and prevent me from carting a large bag of containers every day.

I have not been in a situation in which the ice pack would be useful, so I can't comment on how well it works, but I am very satisfied with the kit overall. The lids snap off easily and attach securely, I can fit five containers in the pouch without difficulty, and the containers are the perfect size for toddler tummies. (I usually use three for lunch, and fill up one each for her snack)

Buy Skip Hop Bento Mealtime Kit, Black Now

We use this to carry snacks and lunch for our two kids. The containers are a good size (half of a sandwich cut up fits into one), BPA free, and the shape of the cooler allows it to fit nicely in a diaper bag. We have the Skip Hop Double Duo and the Duo diaper bags and it fits easily into both. The set comes with 6 containers, so you can have 3 in the cooler and an additional 3 for non-refrigerated snacks. Even with 3 containers, there is room for utensils in the cooler. We have found it to be a very useful and good quality product. The top of the bag also has an elastic strap that you can use to secure a sippy cup or water bottle.

I hope they sell the reusable gel freezer pack separately, since it is a unique size (fit specifically for the cooler bag). We haven't needed a new one, but just in case it gets lost or damaged at some point I would like to be able to replace it without buying a whole new set. This review is by someone who is 100% non-compensated in any way.

Read Best Reviews of Skip Hop Bento Mealtime Kit, Black Here

I bought this with the hope that I could pack several different meals for my 5 year old. Unfortunately it didn't even get that far because I couldn't get the lids off of the containers--it was a real struggle--and I work out! They were just waaaaay to tight of a fit, and if I have trouble getting the lids to come off (and get back on) I can only imagine how frustrating it would be for a hungry child. I was really disappointed in this product because in theory it is a great idea--it just doesn't work.

Want Skip Hop Bento Mealtime Kit, Black Discount?

I like the size and the containers. The only thing I would change is to add a handle. It's kinda ackward to handle.

0 comments:

Post a Comment