Eco Baba - Stainless Steel 12oz. Spout (Pink)

Eco Baba - Stainless Steel 12oz. SpoutWho doesn't want to limit their baby's exposure to harmful chemicals that plastic can release? Who wants to lug around heavy glass bottles and risk breakage? Who has searched in vain for the perfect silicone bottle? (Tried adiri too). Next best material for least potential of harmful chemical leaching is stainless steel. So I was excited to try this bottle. BUT:

1. VERY difficult to screw cap on properly. Sometimes it takes me 8 tries, sometimes just one. I used the advent nipples recommended, wet the plastic part that comes in contact with the base of the silicone nipple, tried very hard to line the threads up properly and ensured the cap was screwed evenly. Not easy in the middle of the night let me tell you!!

2. Fat bottle does not fit in conventional bottle warmers or normal sized mugs. You need a wide and deep bowl or huge mug.

Those two problems caused a lot of frustration, but I sucked it up and used it anyway b/c I don't want to use plastic. Hoping the designers can tweak it to make a perfect product.

Btw, pur bottles are also stainless steel and are slimmer so easier to warm, but even more difficult to screw top on properly. Leaked quite a bit even when it seemed perfectly screwed on. We used our eco baba for milk and pur for water only. The silicone adiri bottles that I used for my first born were great except difficult to fill without leakage, and difficult to warm even with the separate end caps. Company also not around anymore.

Save 11% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment