Cuisinart BW-10 Baby Bottle Warmer and Night Light

Cuisinart BW-10 Baby Bottle Warmer and Night LightThis is a great looking product and I was hopeful that despite the lack of ratings, this would be as good as most of my other Cuisinart kitchen products. Unfortunately, it's just okay and we only used it for about a week before switching to the Dr. Brown's warmer we received at our baby shower. The Cuisinart requires you to measure very small, precise amounts of water each time you use it in order to create a precise amount of steam for each bottle which is ok during the day, but really inconvenient in the middle of the night when you're wall-eyed and usually in darkness (there's a night light on the warmer which kind of seems like a consolation prize or an afterthought.) (The Dr. Brown's only requires a water refill every few days with constant use and is on a timer system with a beeper which makes it really convenient and easy, even in the middle of the night.)

In addition, the Cuisinart started making a burning sugar smell within days of its first use, probably because the warming mechanism is exposed underneath the basket in which the bottle sits and tiny amounts of formula might have gotten in there somehow. Oh, if only Cuisinart had put the same amount of thoughtful design into this product as they do into most of their others. I really wanted to like it but unfortunately, not so much.

I was exclusively breast feeding but when I returned to work I needed my baby to take pumped breast milk from a bottle and the temperature has to be just right or he wouldn't take it! I decided to purchase the cuisinart bottle warmer and it has worked great! Before we bought the warmer we were trying to heat the milk in a bowl of hot water and it took way too long! You do have to measure the amount of water you put into the warmer each time (in mL) but it comes with a convenient measuring cup that sits right in the top of the warmer so it's very easy to do. The more water you put in the hotter it warms the bottle so when I first got the warmer I tested it out using bottles filled with water that had been refrigerated to find out exactly how much water we needed to add each time. It does come with a chart telling you how much to add (depending on bottle size and how many oz are in the bottle) but as you can imagine there is some variation. Once we figured out the amount of water required it has warmed the bottles well every time. It takes less than 2 min to warm it. I have had multiple family members take care of my baby during the day and everyone has found it easy to use. I still breast feed in the evening and at night so I can't comment on how difficult it is to use in a sleep stupor. Overall I am very satisified with the Cuisinart bottle warmer and I actually plan on buying a 2nd one to take to our nanny's house so that she has one on hand.

Buy Cuisinart BW-10 Baby Bottle Warmer and Night Light Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment