Ella's Kitchen Organic Baby Food Carrots Apples and Parsnips -- 3.5 fl oz

Ella's Kitchen Organic Baby Food Carrots Apples and Parsnips -- 3.5 fl ozI really wanted to like this product. I am trying to feed my 6 month old baby a variety of foods so he hopefully will not end up a picky eater, but we follow the "4 day wait" rule because my husband & I have some food allergies/sensitivities. I often cook homemade food but since I work, I appreciate the convenience of organic pre-made food. Our son had already eaten apples & carrots with no problem. What I missed in not reading the packaging (my fault I know) is that in addition to carrots, apples, and parsnips, this product also contains lemon juice. I happen to be sensitive to all citrus fruits. Obviously I'm not sure if it was the lemon juice or parsnip or what, but my son was quite sick for 2-3 days after the one time he ate this product. Blowing out his diaper every hour kind of sick. We are going to save the remaining containers we had purchased for when my son is a year old and hopefully by then any food sensitivities will have worn off. He gagged on the taste, though, so we will see. I gave it two stars instead of one because I plan on trying it again in six months.

I personally think that "stage 1" is misleading, because of the lemon juice additive. I certainly wouldn't give this to a 4 month old. Although I think most infants don't have a problem with citrus, it is not unheard of in causing digestive distress because of the high acidity. I also wanted to point out how important it is to read food packaging labels, because even if something implies specific ingredients on the front, there may be additional additives. I wish Amazon would post the ingredients on here.

This stuff is garbage and Ella's Kitchen should be ashamed for false advertising. I was really surprised to see a fruit-veggie product like this one had so much calcium (20%) on the package compared to most of the other baby fruits out there (usually 0-2% unless veggies or yogurt's added in) and chose this over other products, thinking the extra calcium would be worth the extra $ for my baby in the long run. When you check it against Ella's website, it HAS NO CALCIUM%! Same goes for all the other stage 1 Ella's fruits (butternut squash, carrots, apples, prunes: 30% calcium on package but 2% on the website, peaches and bananas 10% calcium on package vs. 0% on website all the same serving size) -there were other differences too in protein, iron, etc. It does cost a lot more than some of the other organic baby fruits out there and tastes awful. If your baby is just as content with the other less expensive organic baby fruits out there, go with the cheaper alternative because nutrition wise, Ella's no better!

What a disgusting marketing ploy by Ella's Kitchen to get parents to choose their products because it is falsely more nutritious when it's the same as other organic baby fruits in terms of nutritional value.

Buy Ella's Kitchen Organic Baby Food Carrots Apples and Parsnips -- 3.5 fl oz Now

My son has really liked the Ella's food but he woul not take more than two bites of this kind.

Read Best Reviews of Ella's Kitchen Organic Baby Food Carrots Apples and Parsnips -- 3.5 fl oz Here

My daughter has tried nearly all the Ella, Sprout and Happy Baby varieties and this is one of her absolute favorites. She especially loves it ice cold. She is 8 mos old with 4 teeth and seems to prefer the texture of the Ellas as well as the stage 2 Sprout meals (not a huge fan yet of the stage 3 much chunkier Sprout meals but like the Happy Tot ones)Today, she was sucking one down on the go in the infant carrier and in trying to avoid getting it all over me, I licked off some extra and man, this has a pretty pronounced parsnip flavor (a little on the radish side but not spicy) carrot is easily tasted. Not nearly as good as some other flavors I love and she doesnt seem one way or the other about but SHE LOVES IT!!! I wish they sold boxes of it on amazon, which is how I buy the Sprout meals.

Want Ella's Kitchen Organic Baby Food Carrots Apples and Parsnips -- 3.5 fl oz Discount?

0 comments:

Post a Comment