Yummi Pouch (Set of 6)

Yummi PouchMy little guy was having trouble gaining weight and is a horribly picky eater. At 12 months old, he was only 16 lbs. One thing I could garuntee he would eat was the commercial squeeze pouch baby food, but those mostly have less than 100 calories per pouch and are so pricey. With these, I can fill them with baby cereal made with coconut milk and mix in fruit and veggies and pack over 200 calories per pouch and he can eat as many of them as he wants. We have only had them a little over a week and he has already put on almost a pound. The nice thing is, I can easily adjust the calories and nutrients to keep using them for a long time to come. They are easy to fill if you stick them in a cup to hold them upright and squeeze them open. Pay attention to the fill line, because they are easy to overfill.

These came in the mail a couple days ago and I have not stopped using them since! My 7 month old son and I love the convenience of the premade food pouches but at $1.50ish per pouch it adds up. These reusable pouches allow me to make my own healthy food combinations and have already saved me tons! My toddler even likes a little applesauce on the go! I would recommend these to anyone who likes to have the option of making and taking homemade baby food and is looking for something more convenient. I will be telling everyone I know and what a fun baby shower gift add on!

Buy Yummi Pouch (Set of 6) Now

I am using the Yummi Pouch for my 11 mo. old. I have been making my own baby food for 4 kids, so when they came out with these, I had to try them! These work just as well as the already filled pouches.

I was a little leery of the "zip" closure on the top, but so far, they seem to hold well. The food never really reaches up that high and so the top stays flat and there really isn't any pressure put on it. When I want to knead the food to mix it before feeding, I just do it lower down on the pouch and the food stays below the spout.

Some have commented on the stiffness of the plastic. It is stiff around the edges. I have not found this to be a problem in getting ALL of the food out of the pouch. I am hoping that the extra stiffness will mean that the reusable pouch will hold its shape and seal for a long time.

The caps seem to be exactly the same as those I've been using on the pre-filled pouches. If you are considering purchasing these, hold onto a few of your old caps as replacements.

As the instructions say for filling with food, blow into the mouthpiece to fully inflate the pouch, then fill from the top. I do the same to get the creases opened up and then fill with warm soapy water. I close the top of the pouch, cap the mouthpiece and squeeze the pouch to really get the water into the folds. I then un-cap the mouthpiece and squeeze the water out to make sure it gets clean. At this point, the pouch is well rinsed, but it still needs the bottle brush to finish the job. So, these are not magically easy to clean, but not difficult and I would say easier than many of the various sippy cups out there.

My only complaint is that these are made in China. I wish that they were made in the US.

I highly recommend this product. It works exactly as the manufacturer describes. I would have given it 5 stars, but I reserve that rating for products that surprise me with something unexpected. Thanks Yummi for making life easier for this Mom!

Read Best Reviews of Yummi Pouch (Set of 6) Here

These are great. They are easy to fill (stick to the fill line or when you zip it shut it will over flow) easy to clean, and they are great quality. The plastic is thick and seems like it will hold up. I fill ours with apple sauce for my 20 month old and he just sucks it out like he does with the store bought ones. These will save us money and are less waste since you can re use them! Also the caps are the same size as the ones we buy from the store (just in case we throw a cap out by accident, you know where you can get more!) the only thing i wish is that the opening was on the side and the spout where you eat from was on the top like the ones at the store. So far my son hasn't been bothered by this at all though

EDITED: 6/12/13

So I've been using these for a while now (a few months maybe, I honestly forget when my above review was written) and I am soo bummed but they leak! Let me be clear, I do NOT over fill and they are used maybe 3 times a week so its not like they are being abused. They still look brand new. What happens is, when you put applesauce in the packet (my son is 2 so that's mostly what goes in.... you may not have this problem with yogurt but I cant say one way or another) the sticky/watery/apple sauce water stuff leaks out past the ziplock part. I think the reason this happens is because the location of the mouth piece is SO close to the ziplock thing. So when I am helping my son get the last bites, (cuz this is a thick plastic packet so you have to give it a good squeeze to get it all) you are essentially squeezing and putting pressure on the zipper thing. IF the zipper was where I think it should be instead, which is on the bottom, then you would be squeezing foods away from the zipper at the end of a feeding and maybe wouldn't have this problem. For the money I paid I wish I could return themI'll say that even when im not squeezing anything the liquid still drips outit got one of our coolers all sticky once and it was sitting on its side but totally sealed up. Overall a big bummer and a waste of money.

Want Yummi Pouch (Set of 6) Discount?

These serve the purpose of feeding our two-year old a good serving of fruits and vegetables in smoothie form, however they're a little hard to get into and clean properlyI can always spot little bits of blueberry skins or kale down in the corners. A bottle brush might help this problem, but I don't have one! Also, the bottom fold, which is meant to expand so that the pouch can stand up on it's own, doesn't extend very well, so unless the pouch is pretty full and is set down carefully, it usually falls over. Other than that, I think these are a great idea. The caps go on and off nicely, the opening is big enough to funnel or spoon food into the pouch, and the zippers stay closed nicely. There's even a little fill line marking on the outside, so you know where to stop.

0 comments:

Post a Comment