Medela Breastmilk Freezing & Storage (*BPA Free) 12 Pack of 80ml Bottles in Retail Packaging #87061

Medela Breastmilk Freezing & Storage 12 Pack of 80ml Bottles in Retail Packaging #87061These containers are great BECAUSE OF the size. First of all, they are perfectly sized for newborns. And, once your baby gets a little older, and requires more milk, these 2.5 oz. containers are the perfect supplement to combine with a 5oz storage bag when thawing to make a bottle. Other reviewers claim these containers are "awkward," but I would suggest not pumping directly into them. If you own a Medela pump, or the like, simply pump into the 5oz container that comes with the pump and transfer into the smaller storage container(s) for freezing.

I always make sure my mother in law/nanny has 12 frozen Medela (2.5 oz) containers of milk at her place (in deep freeze) in case my baby needs a "snack" if I am running late to pick him up after work.

Oh, and they are BPA-free. Bonus.

I highly recommend these.

I love these. I had been using Lasinoh freezer bags to store my milk, but these bottles are so much better.

* You won't have to worry about leaking bags (I've had one bag leak so far)

* I like the small size. I always had odd amounts in the bags because I didn't want to freeze more than a few ounces at a time so none goes to waste later.

* They are compatible with my pump-in-style Medela pump.

* They are free-standing, unlike bags. Easy to pour milk into.

* They are compatible with Medela nipples. Just heat a freezer bottle and add a nipple. Unlike bags which would take an extra step to thaw, plus pour out of the bag... which is another opportunity to spill it, and you're left with a messy bag.

* They are reusable a definite plus.

* They fit perfectly in a Set of 4 Medium Clip Boxes (Clear/Soft Fern) (5.375"D x 6.625"W x 11"H) . 15 of these bottles will fit perfectly in this bin in the freezer. They also stack well, and the boxes fit perfectly in my freezer. I have a post-it label on the end of the box, letting hubby know which box is the oldest so he knows what milk to use first. I also find these plastic boxes at Target, Publix, and they are probably available at any other big box store, too. I used to store milk in the Lasinoh freezer bags, and then put those bags in a gallon-size ziplock bag, which wasn't a very good idea. Then I used those plastic boxes to put the freezer bags in, which was better. These bottles in the plastic bin is perfect.

* Easy to label. They have a place on the side to write information, but I use big post-it note labels, wrapped around the bottle and secured with a wire twist-tie (easier to read). On the post-it, I write: Date, Name of baby, # of ounces (always 2.5 oz), and the time I pumped it. I also use a dry-erase marker on the lid to write the date, just so I can easily see which bottle is oldest.

* Easier for others to use. I feel more comfortable having babysitters prepare bottles using these, rather than the bags. Preparation is more straightforward and easier to explain.

Highly recommended. I am planning on buying these for my friends who are expecting babies.

Edit: I forgot to mention that these bottles are not pre-sterilized like the product information claims. The instructions say to boil them for 10 minutes and you're good to go. They also include a Medela microwavable steamer bag, to easily sterilize all your baby bottles and things. This was not a big deal to me. I still give it a strong 5 star review.

Buy Medela Breastmilk Freezing & Storage (*BPA Free) 12 Pack of 80ml Bottles in Retail Packaging #87061 Now

When this package arrived, I was very disappointed to see "not for use with Single Deluxe or Freestyle breast pumps" written in very small print on the front of the package. I assumed that because the product was made by Medela and claimed to be "compatible with ALL Medela breast pumps," it would be compatible with my Medela Freestyle Breast pump.

Read Best Reviews of Medela Breastmilk Freezing & Storage (*BPA Free) 12 Pack of 80ml Bottles in Retail Packaging #87061 Here

I agree with other reviewers that it would be MUCH better if these bottles were bigger. If I'm puming after a feeding or something they're fine, but if I'm pumping in place of a feeding, I generally pump about 6 oz which is just enough that the bottles won't hold it all, but also enough that if I try to switch bottles I wind up with two bottles that only have a quarter z or so each in them. It's annoying. And maybe I'm missing something, but it doesn't seem like you can buy the larger collection bottles separately you either have to get them with a kit, or with a feeding and storage set, either way you're paying for additional parts you don't need. The plusses though are these things come pre-sterilized and the small size has some advantages topping off a newborn who only needs an ounce or two, or pre-measuring a couple of ounces of breastmilk to mix with cereal, for example.

Want Medela Breastmilk Freezing & Storage (*BPA Free) 12 Pack of 80ml Bottles in Retail Packaging #87061 Discount?

I agree with the other moms that these are a little small, but if your newborn doesn't drink a whole four ounces at a time, it is great to be able to thaw only two ounces at a time. The good thing about these is that you can pump directly into them and freeze them. There is no need to transfer to a storage baggie thing and there is little or no chance that they will leak. When I was considering what to get, I kept reading about moms who pumped milk and then kept it in storage bags only to have it leak when thawed. Given the amount of time it takes to pump milk, to loose it to leaking bags is terrible. I only bought 12 of these and that was plenty I am not a full-time working mom, so it was only to use sometimes when I was at school or working a few days in a row. If you work full time, you may want to buy two sets or even bigger ones. It is annoying to have to switch bottles several times while pumping.

Save 41% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment