Familia Original Swiss Baby Muesli, 8.8-Ounce (Pack of 6)

Familia Original Swiss Baby Muesli, 8.8-OunceI began looking for this product from Amazon after my local WFMs stopped carrying it and I wasn't able to find it anyplace else in my home area. Many years ago, perhaps as many as 40, I used to buy and enjoy the Original Familia Swiss Muesli, based on the recipe of Doctor Bircher-Benner. A few years later, I moved to a remote location where it was difficult to find Familia for sale. When I returned to "civilization" again, I discovered that the Familia company had seemingly changed their recipe; it was no longer the same texture that I had remembered from before. It was as if they had removed the finest particles of the cereal or whatever it was that had quickly absorbed the milk, and seemed also to be a higher percentage of rolled oats. As a result, the muesli took longer to soften to the desired consistency and just didn't have the same feel in the mouth.

When I discovered Familia Original Baby Muesli a few years ago, its blend of fine ingredients reminded me of what was missing from the "new" Familia formulation. I quickly found that I could mix the Baby Familia with the "adult" Familia (in about a one to two proportion) and approximate what I recall as the original cereal blend. I now enjoy Familia Muesli cereal the way I remember it.

If buying it here in quantities of six boxes at a time, I suggest storing the extra in the freezer or refrigerator.

We have searched and searched for this cereal! My kids have both eaten it several times a week from about 6-8 months in age and my oldest is now 4 and still adores it! So quick and so healthy. When they were little, I mixed it with breast milk and now just with regular cold milk. Can be made with soy, cow's milk, almond milk whatever your preference as it alters the flavor a little. Its naturally sweetened with the fruit and seems to fill them up well! We have had to search it out and special order through Whole Foods and I have regularly stalked amazon hoping to do a subscribe and save! So thrilled to see its finally in stock!

Apparently, I ate it as a baby too!

Buy Familia Original Swiss Baby Muesli, 8.8-Ounce (Pack of 6) Now

I hope you always carry this cereal! Thank you! I've eaten it since I was a baby and still love it as my morning cereal!

Read Best Reviews of Familia Original Swiss Baby Muesli, 8.8-Ounce (Pack of 6) Here

I began using this when my daughter was about a year old to get a little more fiber in her diet. I use it to make a smoothie drink, mixing 1/3 cup with milk and 1/2 container of a Gerber baby food fruit ( makes about 1 1 1/4 cups altogether), heat it and serve. Well, she's now 7 and that is still her breakfast which she asks for everyday. I panicked a few months ago when I was told the company had stopped making the product. Amazon was out so I found it from a vendor online and paid almost 3 times as much as on Amazon. Very grateful Amazon has it now and for a reasonable price. Who knows, I may need it til she's grown!

Want Familia Original Swiss Baby Muesli, 8.8-Ounce (Pack of 6) Discount?

My toddler loves this cereal. He prefers this over the oatmeal I make for my older girls. It's got fruit in it. It's perfect.

0 comments:

Post a Comment