Clevamama Clevafeed

Clevamama ClevafeedJust purchased this item along with another seemingly identical product Kidsme Food Feeder Essential Set (2 Food Feeders and Replace Sacs of Small and Large Size, 1 Ribbon Clip Holder) because it was an "add on" for about $5, so I thought, "Why not?"

Perhaps if I'd not had them to compare side-by-side, I would not feel as I do about this particular design although I'm pretty sure I would regardless...

This thing popped open within the first minute that my six month old had it! The "catch" on it is NOT secure, and is just a mess waiting to happen. The Kidsme brand has an actual locking tab, which makes it WAY worth the price difference, in my opinion. Who wants to buy a product that inevitably will make a huge mess and frustrate their baby?! This was an "add on" for a reason...

Because of the inability to get a solid closure on this product, I would NEVER recommend this it to anyone but will recommend Kidsme to everyone (and already have)! In this case, you truly get what you pay for...

Customer review from the Amazon Vine Program With my previous babies I used those little mesh-bagged feeding toys and they were SO GROSS. The babies couldn't get food out of the clogged up mesh and I couldn't get the dang things clean. I ended up throwing them all away. What a waste of time and food. So THIS feeder is a vast improvement over that style. Easy to clean and the food comes out easily. However, you have to be careful about what age of baby eats from it, what sort of foods you put in it, and how big the chunks of food will be. Just be smart and mindful.

Additionally, the latch on it isn't very secure. I don't feel comfortable taking my eyes off my baby while she has this thing in her mouth. I'd like to be able to turn around and do the dishes for a minute, but i just can't. If they could improve the latch i'd give this product 4 or 5 stars.

EDIT: Now that we've been using this for a few months I have to give it another star. It's a pretty great little invention, honestly. We use it EVERY SINGLE DAY in this house and the latch doesn't seem to be as finicky as I originally thought. I really love this product, and so does my baby! She uses this to eat bananas, avocado, peaches, melon, all kinds of stuff.

Buy Clevamama Clevafeed Now

Customer review from the Amazon Vine Program 3.5 stars

Let me be perfectly honest with you, first of all, and say that I let my 1 year old try this thing out first. My youngest little one won't meet the world for a few more days, Lord willing. I'd saw several of the other reviews beforehand, so I was watching mainly for the latching problem. He had the latch open almost immediately, and he wasn't even trying to open it. Just chewing. So, I agree with the others about the bad latching! That said, as long as you're watching your little one with this thing, I still don't think it will be a huge issue. The opening to put the food is on the small side, so you have to stuff whatever you're putting in there into the "pouch". The only issue I could foresee is if you put a big chunk of apple or something similar, and your little one bit it in half, then opened it up, and swallowed a chunk of apple. A choking hazard, for sure, if you're not watching him/her. Let me be clear again that I DO NOT recommend handing this to your baby unattended due to the latching issue. (And don't misunderstand me. I know it's simply not possible to watch your little one ALL the time. I just recommend it with this thing). Plus, let me remind you that while I do have experience with these types of feeders(#3 is on the way, and my oldest is 4), I haven't used this particular one on my youngest yet.

I've used the mesh kind of feeder before, and although there wasn't the latching issue, I simply didn't like it. I loved the fact that this one has a silicone feeder. It comes apart enough to clean well, which is a HUGE deal to me. When I don't feel I can clean a product enough, it goes in the garbage! This is also a great teething "toy" for your little ones first teeth coming through. If there's already teeth, I think they will chew through this particular silicone pretty quickly. On gums, though, I think it will be perfect. So, to make sure you get your money's worth, you could always use this as a teething toy if teeth come first, or a teething toy after solids, if you don't like the way it works for that purpose.

Overall, it's not a bad product, but I would like that latch to be more secure!

Read Best Reviews of Clevamama Clevafeed Here

My 11 month old was able to pop this open in just a few seconds, it is a choking hazard and should be recalled.

Want Clevamama Clevafeed Discount?

Customer review from the Amazon Vine Program I haven't had the "it just pops open!" problem that other have reported. To me, the latch seems fairly secure, and the kid hasn't managed to open it yet. She loves this though: easy to grasp, and a perfect size and texture for her mouth (oh, and it holds food!). The only negative is that she cries when I take it away.

I haven't tried any of the similar mesh-type feeding things, but think I would prefer this silicone style anyway.

0 comments:

Post a Comment