OXO Tot Baby Food Ricer, White/Green

OXO Tot Baby Food Ricer, White/GreenThis ricer is exactly what I needed. My daughter (13 mo) loves riced veggies and fruits with some texture to it.

This ricer makes the perfect coarse baby food! So far I tried it with sweet potatoes, carrots and cauliflower.

It is easy to use, not much strength needed. It is big enough to do the job quickly (its capacity is about a measuring cup), long enough to rest on any bowl or pot being used, and of course quiet so you can make the food when your babies are asleep. Washes easily and dishwasher safe.

PLEASE NOTE:

The baby food is coarse and NOT a good fit for small babies who just started solid foods. I'd say it is equivalent to stage 3 baby food.

(For making fine baby food I used a regular blender we had in our kitchen).

This thing is HUGE. It will not fit in my utensil drawer so it is sitting around on the dish rack annoying me. Moreover, it does not work that well for things other than baked potato or steamed carrots. If you try to use this with fruit you will get juice. Just not worth it. I am bummed about this purchase. too much of a hassle to send it back for the cost though so I am going to have to figure out how to use it or just get rid of it.

Buy OXO Tot Baby Food Ricer, White/Green Now

Take note that it does not make a smooth "fine" mash like the description says. It does its job, however, somewhat textured if that is what you are needing. It does take some effort to use since it's big and long. I've tried it on ripe bananas and ended up buying another ricer with smaller holes for a better pureed texture. Will save it though for other uses.

Read Best Reviews of OXO Tot Baby Food Ricer, White/Green Here

When I saw other reviews about how large this is I didn't think much of it because, I have a deep and high draw for my kitchen gadgets. Wow this gadget is huge they were not exaggerating, if you have a small drawer then you might need to rethink this one. My first use was boiled potatoes, push through easily, just had some seep behind the plate. But it was comfortable to grasp the handle and press them together. This is my first ricer, so I'm satisfied with how well it worked.

Want OXO Tot Baby Food Ricer, White/Green Discount?

I use this more for mashed potatoes now. Be sure to rinse immediately, or it could be difficult to clean.

Save 25% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment