Naturepedic - No-Compromise Organic Waterproof Pad Queen

Naturepedic - No-Compromise Organic Waterproof Pad QueenThis product asked for star ratings as a toy it's not a toy but a mattress protector.

After spending quite a bit on a natural latex mattress and organic wool mattress topper, my husband and I realized that there was nothing but the fitted sheet to protect the bed from our cats. We have not had any recent problems, but in the past there have been times of family visiting or parties at the house that have stressed the cats so much they have not been brave enough to find the litter box and for whatever reason the bed is their next choice. This was terribly annoying but bearable with a 15 year old metal innerspring mattress and a lot of cleaning unthinkable for our new investment in a good night's sleep.

I read several reviews on other websites for this mattress protector. It was about the only queen-sized protector I could find that wasn't plastic and after spending so much time ensuring our new bed was as chemical free as possible, it seemed a crime to cheap out at the last minute. This protector is made of organic cotton.

I washed this item following the instructions on the package. It's machine washable and shrinks down in the dryer quite a bit to actually fit on the bed. In my case, it shrunk perhaps 1/2" too much on each side, but it still fits the bed well. It seemed very absorbent while washing/drying, requiring two spin cycles and two dryer cycles to dry completely.

So far it has not been called to action yet, but based on the absorbency during its cleaning I'm sure it will do its job if the time comes.

**USE UPDATE**

After drying this in the dryer a second time, it shrunk a bit further. It still fits but I may line dry it from now on to avoid further shrinkage or possibly keep drying it in the dryer to see how much it shrinks!

My new kitten did pee on our bed and in spite of being whisked away immediately it did make it all the way through the sheets. This caught all of the pee (not a lot, she's not a big kitten) that soaked through the sheets I would estimate a tablespoon or so. No sign of soak through and the mattress is safe I would imagine this will take a lot more abuse than a small animal can dish out. Washed up perfectly, no odors. A lifesaver!

One of our cats started occasionally peeing on two beds in our house. Once or twice it went through to the mattress, but luckily we caught it quickly and and cleaned it. Obviously, we did not want urine on matresses! I was happy to find these pads that are comfortable (no plastic wrinkles and noise) and even organic. They are perfect for the purpose. The cat did pee one time and the pad prevented the mattress from getting saturated. Soft, no odor, easy to wash when wet with urine-I am 100% satisfied with the product.

(PS We also put an extra kitty litter in the house which has been effective in eliminating the peeing behavior)

*the above ratings refer to toys, which was not pertinent to this product.

Buy Naturepedic - No-Compromise Organic Waterproof Pad Queen Now

I bought this pad for our bed to protect it from any accidents (bed sharing with our baby at times) and just to put a layer or two between us and the chemicals that are likely still in the mattress, and also to protect the mattress from bacteria, etc. This pad is exactly what I wanted, no crinkling or rustling noises when we move around, and it stays in place. This is likely because of the uniqueness of the design, with thick cotton flannel on both top and bottom (polyurethane in the middle). I looked around at many polyurethane membrane pads, but this is the only one I found where the polyurethane is actually completely covered by cotton. It's just right, it has a nice firm thickness to it, and it smooths over the little divets on the top of the mattress (the top is sort of quilted) making it even better for our needs since we bed share with our baby. It shrunk to just fit our queen mattress. I dried it on tumble (no heat) because we don't have a low heat setting, and it did take quite a few cycles to dry this way. Hopefully we won't need to wash it that much. I'm guessing the price of this pad is so high because of the organic cotton, which really didn't matter all that much to me, but the testing that Naturpedic does for off gassing did matter. I tried to research polyurethane laminate vs polyurethane foam (which does off gas, for example), but I couldn't find much information. So, I opted for this pad partly because it's been testing for off gassing, and partly for the design.

It's easy to put on/take off. No odor coming out of the package.

The only con is that one of the elastic straps started to come apart a bit where is attaches to the cover after I washed it (following the instructions), but this was likely due to the pad getting all tangled up in the straps and then spun out in the washer while it was tangled. I'm a seamstress and I can easily replace the strap if it comes off completely, but even then I wouldn't be all that upset because I like the pad so much.

Read Best Reviews of Naturepedic - No-Compromise Organic Waterproof Pad Queen Here

I have been really satisfied with the quality of this cover made of organic material and free of PVC/vinyl or other toxic materials. It is well-made, thick and sturdy enough. Unlike most plastic-lined covers, it lets your skin breathe. It does not make you sweat nor does it give that uncomfortable feeling of "sliding" on your mattress. I washed it in the washing machine before use safely, but would not recommend the dryer, just let it air dry on a clothes line. Since we cannot afford to buy organic mattresses, it is nice to have a barrier between our fire-retardant-laden mattress and us. I will buy a few more for our other beds soon!

Want Naturepedic - No-Compromise Organic Waterproof Pad Queen Discount?

Overall I'm very happy with this waterproof mattress pad protector it does what it is supposed to do. We purchased this to protect our new gel infused memory foam mattress (which the warranty is voided if the mattress gets wet), and we have been using it for 3 months now. I did try other, cheaper waterproof mattress pad protectors before settling on this one, and I was not happy with any of them since it felt like I was laying on a plastic bag, and sounded like I was lying on a plastic bag with every move. The beauty of this one being made from organic materials is that it feels just like I am sleeping on a regular pad, which really makes it worth the extra money.

While we have not yet spilled anything on the mattress, I did pour a full cup of water on the pad right before I washed it for the first time, and sure enough, none of the liquid bleed or seeped through to the other side, which was quite impressive. I did put it in the dryer as we wanted to sleep on it that night and I noticed that it did shrink a little as it no longer hangs over the sides of the mattress, but it still covers the whole thing. I will not put it in the dryer again however.

As far as its breathability is concerned, I find myself sweating no more or no less than I did before, so I think it allows your skin to breathe quite nicely. The only reason why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is because I use an adjustable bed frame, and I find the elastic straps that hold the pad in place do not work very well with the constant adjusting of the frame. The pad does not move when the frame moves, so every couple of days I have to lift up the bottom sheet and pull up the mattress pad so that it once again covers the top of the mattress and to smooth out all the extra fabric that bunches up at my torso. I am still trying to figure out a way to fix this problem, but right now I just work around it as I do like the pad protector.

0 comments:

Post a Comment