Dr. Sears Nibble Tray, Yellow/Green, 12 Months

Dr. Sears Nibble Tray, Yellow/Green, 12 MonthsI got this tray last week, and we've used it for every meal since. My 19 month old son became a very picky eater and stopped feeling adventurous when it came to trying new foods. I put a few of his favorites in the nibble tray and then sneak in some new foods or some that he's tried before but isn't crazy about in the other tray areas. He still goes for his favorites, but he also works his way through the other food. Except for one thing that he really doesn't like, he has at least tried everything else I've put in it, and he's eaten a lot more of things that he previously wasn't interested in. He gets a variety of foods for a balanced meal, and he gets to control what order and how much he eats. The dip tray is handy too.

A possible con for some folks might be that it can't be microwaved. I don't ever microwave plastic, so this doesn't bother me at all. We use it for cold or dry foods (cheese, breads, fruit, etc.), but I guess you could warm something in a different dish and then add it to the tray once warm. The plastic is BPA free.

I will likely be ordering another one of these to use at daycare.

I have used this nibble tray for myself! It has great little compartments for your own snacks, and I even use it for condiments for salads. The only downside is that it's not leak-proof.

Buy Dr. Sears Nibble Tray, Yellow/Green, 12 Months Now

I send my 1 year old to daycare with this wonderful food tray. As some other reviews state, it is not leak-proof, but with dry food he stays cleaner anyway. I'll fill the tray up with avocado, olives, pickles, tomatoes, frozen peas, canned beans, cheese, cheerios, fruit you name it. This gets you away from the feeling that you need to send a sandwich every day, and allows you to give your little one a large variety of fruits and vegetables instead. I'm surprised that some people are saying it's too small for a toddler remember, their stomach is only as big as their fist this tray holds plenty of food for your average little one (and I've never even used the dip tray). *Update my son is 2 now (yes, I'm so enthusiastic about this, I'm re-reviewing it) and I send him with this tray, sans dip tray, and one extra small serving of yogurt or cottage cheese or a half sandwich on super skinny bread (in a separate container, or course), and he's full.

Read Best Reviews of Dr. Sears Nibble Tray, Yellow/Green, 12 Months Here

I tried to use this as her regular meal plate, not just a snack tray, since I love the idea of a variety of food for my picky 2.5 year old. I end up putting rice or pasta in 4 of the spaces then peas or bits or olive or tiny chunks of cheese or tiny bits of fruit in the other spaces. All the spaces are really tiny. Too small for using a utensil. No yogurt or applesauce. Really just good for finger foods. Good for cereal, hummus/crackers, cut fruit I(great for grapes) or carrots, anything really tiny.

Want Dr. Sears Nibble Tray, Yellow/Green, 12 Months Discount?

I really wanted to like this. Pineapple! So cute! But the lids didn't fit tightly enough, particularly the dip lid, and it leaked peanut butter in my lunch box. Then I realized that the compartments of the pineapple were too tiny for carrot sticks or seaweed. And then the lid ripped on only it's second go through the dishwasher. I sadly returned it. It's not well-made, even if it is the most obscenely cute snack tray ever. I'll stick with my trusty snap locks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment