Dr. Brown's Formula Mixing Pitcher

Dr. Brown's Formula Mixing PitcherSome people like to mix formula in the bottles as needed, but at 2am I wasn't having any part of that AND a newborn who was screaming from being hungry. Instead, we purchased this pitcher to mix up large amounts of powdered formula. You can make as little as 8 ounces and as many as 32 ounces so it will take you from birth through the first year not bad for a product you will use every day and is less than $20! The measuring amounts are raised on the plastic so there is no chance of them washing away or losing visibility over time or use. The pitcher is 4 parts and is dishwasher safe. 3 of the parts absolutely must go on the top rack and the little handle thing can sit safely in the silverware bucket of the dishwasher. To use the pitcher: just measure out the formula, fill with water as needed and simply pump the handle up and down. It's pretty simple. Some of the reviewers complain about air bubbles after mixing and that is easy enough to fix let the formula rest a bit prior to pouring in the bottles. It's not that big of a deal. Overall this product is great. It does exactly what it claims to do and is less than $20.00. Worth purchasing for HOME formula preparation. If you are looking for something to use for travel, consider an electric mini mixer that you just pop in the bottle.

Pros:

This pitcher is exceptional as far as reducing foam. Similac Sensitive is horribly foamy and I wound up scooping out the 3/4" of foam that formed when I would mix bottles individually. This pitcher, when used properly, does away with that problem completely.

Very convenient to mix a day's worth of formula and just have it in the fridge.

Although the mechanism comes across as "flimsy", it really isn't. It works fine and the parts are meant to be loose-fitting.

Cons:

As far as I can tell, this cannot be sterilized either with boiling water or in the microwave.

After about 4 mos of use, my pitcher has started to warp slightly. I am surprised, as I never put it in the dishwasher so it's not exposed to high heat. Since it's now slightly misshapen, the fit of the lid is no longer true and I experience leaks both during mixing, when the level of the liquid is too close to the top of the pitcher and splashes upward, as well as during pouring. Drag.

I'm here to buy a second one. Not thrilled that I'm having to do this, and at 6 mos of age, my baby's probably going to require a third one before the bottle feeding's done. Not the end of the world but for this transgression, the pitcher loses a couple of stars.

Buy Dr. Brown's Formula Mixing Pitcher Now

We bought two of these mixers for our twins several months ago. They work well for foaming baby formula, such as thickned formula for babies with reflux. Remember, when mixing formula that tends to foam, do not raise mixing blades above the liquid level in the container because it sucks air into the formula and causes more foaming. The impellers from our first two mixers broke (plastic piece attaching impeller blades to shaft)after a few months of use, but we just bought two more mixers! It should see us through the rest of formula feeding (another few months).

Read Best Reviews of Dr. Brown's Formula Mixing Pitcher Here

I LOVE this pitcher. I have twin girls and formula is pricey. I started out buying the powdered similac (sensitive) and everytime I would mix it, it would get bubbly. The girls would drink from their bottles (and I have ones that are supposed to prevent gas bubbles from being ingested) there would be such an accumulation of bubbles just from them sucking on the nipple of the bottle to drink the formula.

The similac sensitive takes longer to mix with water and settle. It became too much and the girls had gas problems and started to get fussy.

So I wound up switching to liquid. That fixed the gas and fussiness, but liquid formula when buying for twins, gets really expensive!

I bought two of these mixers. One for me and one for my sister who has a newborn as well.

I'm happy to say that this basically solved my air bubble problem with the powdered formula. I now mix up 32 oz worth of the formula (prepared) and put it in my fridge. It sits for a period of time and settles well. There are NO CLUMPS at all when using this mixer. The lid turns to lock in place, and it closes the area you pour out of. You open it by twisting again.

I really do love it. Something so simple makes me happy :-)

I know a lot of people use powdered formula b/c it's easy. You don't have to warm up the bottle or anything. But if you use powdered formula with this, it has to be used within 48 hrs, and you have to refrigerate it once you prepare it in this bottle. So if your baby doesn't drink cold formula, you have to warm the bottle. Not a prob for us since we are used to doing that with the liquid formula.

Want Dr. Brown's Formula Mixing Pitcher Discount?

I wasnt happy when I had to use formula and mixing it just added insult to injury. This pitcher is a dream. I can make 32oz in seconds, w/o air. This is a MUST have with twins. I would not advise making more than 32oz or it spills.

Save 26% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment