Combi Combi Mug

Combi Mug, Step 2I first bought this cup for my son when we were traveling in China when he was about 8-9 months old. It's sold for about the same price here (98RMB). It took me a while to finally decide to buy it. It's definitely on the expensive side.

But IT IS TOTALLY WORTH IT!!

It only took my son a while to figure out how to drink from it and since then he's been using this cup.

We lost about two, before Amazon sells it, I even have my friend in China bought if for me and mailed it all the way here. I'm so very glad now we can buy it in the US.

Here's why we love it:

The pros:

1, the flow is perfect, it's a very thin straw but with very fluent fluid flow;

2, the straw is very soft, from top to bottom.

3, easy to clean (among straw cups), it can be dissemble into several pieces. The straw is actually made of two part, one above the cup and the other inside. Once dissembled, I just rinse them separately. Every now and then I use a Dr.Brown mini brush (http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Browns-Natural-Cleaning-Brush/dp/B0006BAJN6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1276879407&sr=8-1)to brush the straw to get a thorough clean.

4, It has a very nice lid so it can be closed to cover the straw. Once locked correctly, the cup does not leak. I can just put the cup with water in my purse!

4, Even without the lid closing, the straw does not leak if my son does not shake it up and down violently. Sometimes I even have it put right next to my son's pillow so when he asks for water during the middle of the night i can just grab it. He even fell asleep with the cup in his hand... no leaking, really!

5. THE BEST PART, this straw cup is the only one that my son can still drink from if hold like a bottle. This is super useful if you LO is like mine, who sometimes wants to drink somewhat lying down or rolling over or just want to use it as a bottle. I think the mechanism is they designed the straw with somewhat a angle so the straw is not centered at the bottom but toward the edge. So as long as there is some liquid at the bottom part (if the cup is over half full and the cup is not totally 90 degree down but with somewhat a tilting angle)

cons

...I'm gonna say it's a bit expensive and not really available in local store. But really, it's totally worth the price, and amazon is quite convenient anyway.

**Just a note**,

There's a special closing part when you screw the lid on the cup : on the handle circle there's a somewhat wedge part that has to go in the corresponding area on top of the meter on the cup. Once close correctly, it definitely close perfectly.

The combi cup is very cute and baby has no problem using it. I used it to feed my baby water, milk, and juice. All is well initially. After a while, black mold started growing in the straw and soft plastic parts. It's disgusting. To wash it thoroughly I need to use Q-tip and the tiny brush from Dr. Brown's bottle. I do not recommend this cup to busy moms.

Buy Combi Combi Mug Now

I first bought this from city super in HK and have been a fan ever since. The straw is just the right size and length. Baby doesn't need to take a long sip for the liquid to come out. Easy to clean as the straw is actually 2 separate pieces. Needs to be screwed on tightly to prevent leaks. the top is convertible with other combi levels (until step 4).

Read Best Reviews of Combi Combi Mug Here

One of my friend recommended this combi cup, but I don't really like it. It has too many parts to put together and you have to lined up it perfectly, and even after you did all of that, it still leaks!!!!

I gave it two star because the straw is a pretty unqiue design and does help babies to learn to use a straw.

Want Combi Combi Mug Discount?

My 8 month old DD refuses the bottle so I tried to get her on a sippy cup, but she never liked the spout feature. One day, she went on a brief nursing strike and I didn't have any way to feed her. Desperation set in, so I started feeding her expressed breastmilk with a dropper. I figured I should try a straw sippy cup when I noticed that she sucked on the dropper whenever she tasted liquid.

Enter the Combi mug.

Since a dry straw tip wasn't going to whet her appetite (sorry, bad pun), I put both the straw and the dropper into her mouth so she could taste the water (I wasn't going to experiment with breastmilk) from the dropper and start sucking on both. She quickly realized that a stronger flow was coming from the straw and got really excited and happy. (I kinda suspect it's fun for her because the sensation of liquid shooting into her mouth is so new and different). Everytime she sucks up water, she stop to grin, so she still needs to master sucking up liquid in a more steady manner, but we're on the right path.

We only had this mug for a short time, so things could go wrong. But so far, so good. The mug seems pretty leakproof. The lid is a great way to keep things clean and dry. The liquid capacity is ideal for babies who don't drink a ton at a time. The handles feel a bit loose even when the lid is screwed on tightly, but this is a minor thing and maybe it's just this one mug out of the many out there. I already have the Dr. Brown nipple brushes to clean the straw, which is soft but sturdy. I do wonder if my baby might bite or chew it to bits in time (she's teething now), but I like that she's jumping straight into using a straw. Overall, it's a relief to have an alternative to a bottle.

I'm ordering another mug. The only downside? I wish it came in more colors.

Save 23% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment