Fisher-Price Space Saver High Chair, Scatterbug

Fisher-Price Space Saver High Chair, ScatterbugI did not want a bulky traditional high chair for my second child so I purchased this item. I've been using it for about three months (baby is now 8 months). I am pretty satisfied it's easy to set up, tray is nice and big, chair and pad are very easy to clean (no hidden nooks where the food can hide) and my baby seems comfortable in it. The print is very nice. When I had it in a reclining position it didn't quite fit in my chair. Thankfully, the chair has a cross slat in the back so I fit the top of the seat through the whole between the slats. I do not like the child restraining straps. When my baby was smaller there was a lot of slack left on the straps which was always in the way and he was always chewing on them. It's a bit hard to get him in and out of them. I often have difficulty sliding the tray in. I don't like that at all. My baby is chunky, 22 lbs at 8 months and I am concerned about him being comfortable in this seat as he gets bigger. I do wish it had a bit more cushiony padding. So far I am satisfied with the item but I could have gotten a bigger more comfortable traditional high chair for him for a few more bucks.

I love this all but for one thing, the fabric cover is flimsy and it does not go all the way over the sides, thus food that your child will inevitably drop will wiggle it's way under the seat for a later... reeking, stinking, and rotting mess. I would like to see Fisher Price make the cover go all the way over the sides and attach there with a clip, preventing the "yuckies" from happening. Other than this flaw, I love the convenience and space saving abilities of this seat. I would give it 5 Stars but alas the "yuckies" keep it at a 4!

Buy Fisher-Price Space Saver High Chair, Scatterbug Now

We loved this chair at first... but then after using it for a few months we have come to realize the truth. First of all, it's dangerous. When not using the tray part my daughter has gotten her arms stuck between the rails (that the tray attaches too) and the seat part itself multiple times. While it didn't require any medical attention, it caused her pain and gave her a red arm and upset her to the point of crying. The last time that her arm got stuck it was stuck so badly that we weren't sure we were even going to be able to get it out!! 2ndly, this chair is difficult to clean and to keep clean. I like the pad, but food is constantly falling between the pad and the seat and getting underneath and you may not realize there's anything under there for weeks..... yuck. One tip though, the pad says it can only be handwashed, but we have washed ours in the washing machine on cold/gentle cycle, and dried it on tumble dry low with NO issues at all. The fabric has held up very well.

OH, and also, the tray is very hard to get on and off the chair.. it worked like a charm at first but after a bit of wear and tear I guess... the mechanism is getting worn out. Very regretful that we spent $65 on this chair......

I see that the 2012 model no longer includes the tray arms, so at least they redesigned it... I still wouldn't buy it though, I am looking into other options.

Read Best Reviews of Fisher-Price Space Saver High Chair, Scatterbug Here

This was the perfect high chair for my granddaughter when she comes to stay with me. It is easy to set up on my dining room chair. When she goes home I just take it out of the chair and store it. I also have a 2 month old grandson that will be using it soon. I just love it!

Want Fisher-Price Space Saver High Chair, Scatterbug Discount?

I purchased the Fisher-Price Space Saver High Chair in Scatterbug for my grandchildren to keep at my house. Since I don't have them every day, I didn't want to get a large, full-size high chair that would take up space when it wasn't being used. The FP space saver is great. I actually have it on a bar stool (with a back, of course) and it's at the perfect height for me to feed her. We have taken it with us several times when going to friend's house and it travels nicely.The kids love it. Fisher-Price Space Saver High Chair, Scatterbug

Save 5% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment