Thermos Foogo Leak-Proof Stainless Steel Food Jar, 10 Ounce

Thermos Foogo Leak Proof Stainless Steel Food Jar, Blue, 10 OunceI dont know what I could be doing wrong. I tried this 5 times in 2 days and was very dissapointed. I am really stressing trying to find a good thermos that works for my daughter at day care. I dont microwave any of her food so I want to give her warm options at daycare. I read all the great reviews and thought this would be perfect. I boiled water put it in the cup for 12 minutes. Heated the pasta to very hot and after dumping the water out of the thermos immediately put the pasta in so I would not let any heat escape. I screwed the lid on tight and made sure it was on properly. 3 hours later the pasta is cold. What am I doing wrong?? It must be me since so many people have had good experiences. There are 4 hours between when I make lunch and my daughter eats there is no way this would stay warm for that long. I think maybe liquids would stay warm in this but not regular foods. Did I just get a faulty thermos? I really wanted to keep this its really cute to. My sister said stainless steel thermos's never worked for her either, maybe I will try the plastic insulated kind.

REVIEW UPDATE 1/21/11

Instead of returning this item I had amazon replace it. I figured since so many people on so many websites gave this a good review that there must have been an issue with my food jar. I am not entirely convinced that every reviewers food jar worked I really doubt some tested it before they sent there child out with it. But like a said I ordered a replacement tested it last night 1/20/10 and it 4 hours later the food was still quite warm, perfect temperature for my 1 year old. So I think that maybe my original food jar had a faulty vacuum which if it fails will not keep food warm. I plan on testing it a few more times over the weekend before sending her out with it but it was warm at 2 hours and warm at 4 hours. My first food jar didnt even keep the food warm for an hour.

I had the same problem as another reviewer with discoloration from stuff like spaghetti-o's. It sounds a little strange, but try spraying a little PAM on a paper towel and rubbing it on the 'rubbery' surfaces worked for me with my daughter's thermoses like this. I've also found that washing on the top rack of the dishwasher gets the stains (and the gross greasy residue from condensed chicken noodle soup) out very well. To keep things hotter longer, fill the thermos with the hottest tap water you can, put the lid on and leave it sit awhile, then dump out the water and fill with the hot food. It'll still be quite warm at lunch time. Hope that helps. :)

Buy Thermos Foogo Leak-Proof Stainless Steel Food Jar, 10 Ounce Now

We just moved to colder climates last year so sandwich and chips just wasn't enough for our kids on cold days. My wife was trying to pack them a bowl that they could heat in the school microwave but our kids complained at the length of the line to the microwave.

We wanted to get a thermos that looked nice, encourages the kids to bring it back home, and was functional at the same time. So we picked these up because we could get different colors for each of the kids.

Now my wife will make them some hot soup at about 7:30 in the morning and by lunch time at 12:30 the kids have said everything is still hot. The other nice thing is they say all there friends comment them on their thermos.

Read Best Reviews of Thermos Foogo Leak-Proof Stainless Steel Food Jar, 10 Ounce Here

Bought for older kids (8 and 12)--perfect, fits in lunchbox, keeps food hot until lunch (almost too hot), good size for spooning out of, washes easily, no scratches yet after a couple weeks of use, seems very durable and NO LEAKS! Great product.

Want Thermos Foogo Leak-Proof Stainless Steel Food Jar, 10 Ounce Discount?

My daughter loves soup and other warm foods for lunch, so we gave this a try. It works very well! No leaks so far ... More importantly, it is made with BPA-free plastic. Another reviewer needs to realize that just because an item is made in China doesn't necessarily mean it's hazardous!

Save 48% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment