Colgate EcoPad Eco-Friendlier 2 Sided Contour Changing Pad

Colgate Mattress  EcoPad Eco-Friendlier 2 Sided Contour Changing Pad, EcruI bought this pad after buying a run of the mill pad from Summer. The Summer pad smelled horrific even after 4 weeks of off-gassing. I was so relieved when I received this one and it smelled fine right out of the package. Plus, this pad is much higher quality all around and I love that Colgate mattresses and pads are Greenguard certified. I wish I had just gotten this one in the first place.

My main goal was to get a changing pad that did not have flame retardants in the foam. I had to contact Colgate to confirm that they do not add flame retardants to this product, since their website does not specify. Naturepedic changing pads are $100, so this is a good nontoxic product for the price. They say that the damask cloth is waterproof, but the liquid does not pool on top of the fabric. You can't take the cloth cover off to make sure that the liquid isn't going through and staining the foam, so I can't tell if it is actually water proof. However, I lay an extra waterproof pad on it (since they are inexpensive) and most changing pad covers fit this product.

Buy Colgate EcoPad Eco-Friendlier 2 Sided Contour Changing Pad Now

This item was sent to me incorrectly twice. I was sent a product Colgate makes for a different company, Oeuf. As per Colgate it's the same changing pad with a green color cover (http://www.amazon.com/Oeuf-Simple-Contoured-Changing-Natural/dp/B006MVHCN4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351177062&sr=8-1&keywords=oeuf+changing+pad). I returned this item once for a replacement and received the same pad (both had the package insert for the Colgate EcoPad, but both had the green cover instead of the Ecru).

Honestly, this was not a smart purchase in the first place. It's cover is not removable for washing and Colgate does not make a removable changing pad cover to go with this product, let alone a water-proof, non-toxic one. If I have to buy one I'd rather go with either the Naturepedic, which received great scores on healthystuff.org

OR...in a perfect world I would have enough money to justify spending 155$ on the Cozy Buns (http://www.amazon.com/Cozy-Buns-Organic-Changing-Table/dp/B002W9H6OK/ref=sr_1_fkmr3_3?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1351177493&sr=1-3-fkmr3&keywords=organic+wool+changing+pad+cover+brown)

We have bought a wool puddle pad and will probably end up changing the baby on the bed, floor, couch, crib anyway.

Read Best Reviews of Colgate EcoPad Eco-Friendlier 2 Sided Contour Changing Pad Here

0 comments:

Post a Comment