Nuby 2-Pack Nibbler

Nuby 2-Pack Nibbler, Colors May VaryMy daughter got this from my mother and at first she wanted nothing to do with it, screamed every time it got near her mouth so my husband & I figured she didn't like it and put it away. Fast forward about 2 weeks and we were desperate one night while fixing dinner so I pulled it out and tried it again, she was more accepting of it this time and once she figured out food came out of it she loved it. The best things I've found with it (so far) is strawberries w/ seeds cut off & bread/ bagel pieces to suck/ chew on without fear of choking. One cavaet: DO NOT use with bananas it is a pain to clean off, I eventually had to watch the mesh twice then soak it in very diluted bleach and finally wash it again to get it clean.

I like the construction of the Nuby better then either Munchkin or Sassy feeders. In my opinion the mesh is finer but yet easier to ger something out of, it's easier to clean & the twist/ turn method is better then then the 'snap' close of the others. It's great for them on chew & suck on to get new flavors but I wouldn't use it for true teething purposes, the mesh can irritate already sore gums (which may have been our problem at first) and it can wear down over time so you'll have to replace it quicker.

I am using these with my now 8 month old son (started a month ago), and I wish I'd had them for my first. I'm giving them to everyone I know with weaning/teething infants. My son figured it out right away and loves it, sometimes for the food, sometimes just to gnaw on the handle. It's perfect at restaurants to pick out bits of all the grown up food for the baby to try (my oldest loves sharing) it enhances both kids' experiences. It's also great for the obvious feeding more whole foods at home to let the baby experience new tastes/textures (not much diminished by the net as far as I can tell). And on more occasions than one, putting ice in there to aid teething pain has saved many tears... even just to soothe baby's mouth so he can go back to eating his regular meal.

Some reviewers mention the difficulty with cleaning some foods (esp. banana) out of the net, but I have found it's not too hard... getting the remaining food out can be slimy, but rubbing some dish soap around the net (inside out) with my fingers and rinsing well has worked easily every time. It's dishwasher-safe, but mine has not been effective on messy nets, so I stick to hand-washing that part.

The only downside I've experienced is that there's no good way to attach this to my toddler, and when he drops/throws it to the floor, it can need a rinsing before I'll give it back (wet nets attract much). I like the chunky, easy-to-hold handle the way it is and prefer that design to some that are more like large plastic loops, so I would not use a different feeder, but it seems a small loop on the end of the handle that would allow for attaching would make this a truly perfect product.

Buy Nuby 2-Pack Nibbler Now

I've tried all of the mesh nibblers, and these are BY FAR the best and very well priced. The snap and twist closures are well constructed and cannot be opened by little fingers. As with any of the mesh nibblers, you do need to wash the baggies IMMEDIATELY or they will discolor, but still come clean enough to use again. And, they sell replacement mesh baggies at a reasonable price through Amazon as well.

Read Best Reviews of Nuby 2-Pack Nibbler Here

The first time I washed this, the mesh ripped apart. It was easier to open and close than the Munchkin version.

Want Nuby 2-Pack Nibbler Discount?

I was super excited to use these. My 6 month old twins understood what to do and were very excited by the food (frozen mango), but it quickly turned into frustration as the handles were too thick for their hands to grasp when wet. The Nubys kept falling, and soon both twins were screaming. Yay. Moms love that.

I am sure the handles would be fine for slightly older babies. I don't think my twins have abnormally small hands.

It is a bit tricky to get the lids on at first, but not hard once you figure it out.

Otherwise, these seemed like great products. Just be aware that they might not work well for younger eaters.

Save 11% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment