Sprout Organic Baby Food (Pack of 12)

Sprout Organic Baby Food Beef and Vegetable Lasagna, 5.5-OunceMy son loves Sprout Organics baby food... especially the Roasted Pear. As it can be hard to find in stock at local stores I have tried (5 times) to order Sprout Organics from Amazon. Unfortunately, the twelve packs come in a manufaturer's point of purchase box that only has the name of the baby food on a label and 3 of the 5 boxes I have ordered have contained expired food! And lets be real you are not going to feed a baby expired food.

It is very frustrating and I cannot really blame Amazon because as far as I can tell you have to open the manufacturer's box to get to the expiration information. So the food is great but buyer beware. Check the expiration date because more than half of my orders have arrived to me already expired.

UPDATE: I have never updated a review but I feel compelled to do so now. I contacted Sprout and let them know about the expired food. The customer service rep who I spoke with told me that I "wasn't the first person to call them about this problem" but they seemed to listen to the feedback and even promised to replace the food. Unfortunately they forgot to send the replacement food so I am now 3 weeks from the date it was received in the mail... no money back... no food.

Here is hoping next week brings me better luck.

I feed my baby organic baby food from several different brands. I must say that Sprout tastes the most like real table food. If you look at the ingredients, you can tell that a lot of thought is put into making these taste like real food. Plus, they are extremely filling and nutritious. I have tasted this one, and if salt were added (of course I wouldn't want that in my baby's food), it would taste like a very delicious canned soup.

If these are available locally, I would suggest buying one pouch of several different varieties before investing in 12 pouches of a flavor that your baby may or may not like. My local grocery store carries them as well as Walmart.

ETA: I just noticed that amazon doesn't list the ingredients. The ingredients for this flavor as well as all of the others can be found on the Sprout website. I will copy them here.

Organic Ground Chicken, Filtered Water, Organic Yukon Gold Potatoes, Organic Corn, Organic Peas, Organic Cream (organic cream, carrageenan), Organic Carrots, Organic Onions, Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Organic Garlic, Organic Vegetable Base (organic carrots, organic onions, organic celery, organic canola oil, organic carrot powder, organic potato flour, organic onion powder), Organic Sage.

Buy Sprout Organic Baby Food (Pack of 12) Now

I bought one 2.5 oz of sweet potato by Sprout for .98 cents at wal mart. I did the math and its about $5 more on amazon for a 12 pack. I just wanted to let other moms know that it isn't cheaper on websites.

Read Best Reviews of Sprout Organic Baby Food (Pack of 12) Here

So my child was strictly breast fed until the age of 10 months. Then I tried feeding her. I tried just about every organic baby product out on the market, result : BLAH! She does not like baby food?!?!?!?! I have resulted in feeding her what she will eat from our meals, or rather what she is allowed to eat from our meals. I will eventually make all of her baby food but thought, why slave over the stove now if she is not going to eat? I'll wait until she wants to eat, then I'll slave. For now, she is nursing OVERTIME!!!

Today, at of all places, Lego Land, I see "Sprout" baby food. It's organic. I read ingredients . . . . just food! So, I try it. I like it. Tastes like food to me. Not jar baby food, but like the baby food I made my son. My daughter LOVES, LOVES, LOVES it. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that she eats it. Bought every one of the different types they had at Lego Land . . . . now I'm going to order on line.

If you like whole, REAL, food . . . . try it!

Want Sprout Organic Baby Food (Pack of 12) Discount?

My daughter LOVES this oatmeal. She flat refused to eat rice cereal when I started trying to give her solids at six months, so I decided to present her with oatmeal instead. Granted, this oatmeal has applesauce and cinnamon and the rice cereal didn't, but on texture alone this product was an easier sell. It's smooth and creamy and has a wonderful soft, spicy fragrance from the cinnamon. Whenever she doesn't finish the pouch (which is rare), I eat what's left. It's that good.

The pouch is fantastic to throw in her diaper bag and I appreciate that I don't worry about glass breaking in her bag or feeling compelled to try and find a use for an empty glass baby jar (well you *can't* just recycle those things, they have to be useful for something, right?).

One tip: I found the applesauce did bind our little one up rather painfully when we first started feeding it to her (wow, was *that* a long night). Adding in a few spoonfuls of prunes, apricots or peaches when feeding her anything with pears or apples solved that problem.

0 comments:

Post a Comment