Ella's Kitchen Organic Smoothie Fruits, 3 Ounce (Pack of 7)

Ella's Kitchen Organic Smoothie Fruits, The Red One, 3 Ounce PouchesMy just turned 4 year old daughter will NOT, I repeat NOT, eat fruit of any kind. The last time she ate fruit was baby food. No joke. She has food aversions, texture issues, temperature issues, pickiness issues, and has been in feeding therapy for 1.5 years. She won't drink water unless it's purified (she can tell the difference). I mean this is serious stuff.

I bought one of these and gave it to her, explained that it was baby food consistency but wasn't baby food, and was fruit (didn't lie to her) but wasn't a cold smoothie like the kind Mommy makes (which she does NOT like).

She slurped the whole thing down! Tears came to my eyes I was so shocked and excited. This whole feeding drama is very trying on my patience and I worry so often that she will have long-term problems.

She has been devouring them ever since! This as well as The Red One. I cannot believe that she is "eating" fruit!!! I am forever a loyal buyer of Ella's Kitchen products. When my son is ready for solids, I will feed him Ella's baby food. I cannot tell you how thankful and happy I am to finally get fruit in my daughter's belly!

My just turned 4 year old daughter will NOT, I repeat NOT, eat fruit of any kind. The last time she ate fruit was baby food. No joke. She has food aversions, texture issues, temperature issues, pickiness issues, and has been in feeding therapy for 1.5 years. She won't drink water unless it's purified (she can tell the difference). I mean this is serious stuff.

I bought one of The Yellow Ones and gave it to her, explained that it was baby food consistency but wasn't baby food, and was fruit (didn't lie to her) but wasn't a cold smoothie like the kind Mommy makes (which she does NOT like).

She slurped the whole thing down! Tears came to my eyes I was so shocked and excited. This whole feeding drama is very trying on my patience and I worry so often that she will have long-term problems.

She has been devouring them ever since! Then she tried these, The Red One. She likes these just as much!! I cannot believe that she is "eating" fruit!!! I am forever a loyal buyer of Ella's Kitchen products. When my son is ready for solids, I will feed him Ella's baby food. I cannot tell you how thankful and happy I am to finally get fruit in my daughter's belly!

Buy Ella's Kitchen Organic Smoothie Fruits, 3 Ounce (Pack of 7) Now

You would think in a pouch called "Red Ones" or "Purple Ones", you'd be getting a good amount of those colored fruits (we all know that eating different color fruits and veggies provides a great aray of nutrients, so we try to look for those for our kids). Here you would THINK you would be getting this, but your not. The number one ingredient in both is Banana, and if you taste just a little bit, thats ALL you can taste or see. In the red ones, the food contains so little of the "red" fruits, you can barely see a tint to the mushy yellow banana color. I'd be suprised if there was even half of a strawberry included in each pouch. A lot of baby food companies use applesauce to sweeten their baby foods, and I have given them great reviews, defending that even at home I add applesauce to my home made baby foods to add a little healthy yummy boost to the veggies etc I made my daughter. Considering the fact that banana's are the cheapest fruit you could buy, and that's almost all you get in these pouches, I would say just buy banana's at home to mush up and feed your baby, and pass on these, opting for a brand that actually gives you what they advertise on the package.

Plum Organics uses apple as a main ingredient, but also adds whole grains and veggies to a lot of their pouches. I always try a little of the foods I feed my kids, and their foods actually TASTE like the packaging advertised fruits and veggies.

HappyTOTS is the best I have found for only adding ingredients listed and pictured in the front. If it says you are getting peas, green beans and pears along with the whole grain salba, that is ALL that is included. This is the only baby food company that I have used so far that is organic, and doesn't "pad" the pouch with cheap and easy fruits while making you think from the cover you are getting something else.

Ella's Kitchen has taken it to a new level by making the whole pouch RED, calling it RED or Purple, then putting in mostly bananna and apple. At least be honest and say on the front that is most of what you are adding in, lol. Sure I add a little banana to my smoothies, but you can't taste anything else in these. And who makes a smoothie where the number one ingredient is banana?

Read Best Reviews of Ella's Kitchen Organic Smoothie Fruits, 3 Ounce (Pack of 7) Here

Where to use these:

1. Kid's lunches instead of fresh fruit

2. Your lunch for work

3. Stash some in the car for a healthy snack

4. Road trips

5. Vacations

6. Flights (note the size allows it on the airplane)

7. The beach

Real fruit. Nothing else. Tastes good.

Want Ella's Kitchen Organic Smoothie Fruits, 3 Ounce (Pack of 7) Discount?

My 18 month old loves these, finds them easy to use and best of all, unlike many similar products, Ella's Kitchen uses nothing but fruit and veggies in their blends. And the packaging is BPA free! They are sweet as many of the blends have banana included, but I still find them to be a very useful and nutritious food. She especially loves the broccoli, pea, pear blend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment